The Application Process
Surgical Technology program applications are accepted during the Fall of each year. A completed application (Form A), all college transcript copies, and Forms B-D MUST be mailed in a sealed envelope to the following address:
Las Positas College
Attention: Surgical Technology Program
3000 Campus Hill Drive
Livermore, CA 94551
To be eligible for the Surgical Technology Program, applicants must be 18 years of age or older and have the following by the application deadline:
- A completed Chabot Las Positas Community College District application if the applicant has not attended Las Positas or Chabot Colleges previously.
- Current and/or Returning students must submit copies of the Chabot Las Positas College transcript.
- Copies of transcripts of ALL required core courses; Required core courses must be completed with a grade of C or higher; OR if courses have been taken elsewhere, copies of transcripts from an accredited college attended must be provided.
- Ability to obtain a physical evaluation by the application deadline.
- Ability to pass a background/criminal check and drug screening by the application deadline.
- Any Foreign transcripts must be evaluated by a recognized evaluation service firm such as the International Education Research Foundation http://www.ierf.org to show U.S. equivalency of completion of the college level required courses.A completed Las Positas College Surgical Technology Program Application (Form A) and related forms Physical Evaluation (Form B); Personal Essay (Form C); and Essential Functions Required (Form D) due by the application deadline.
The following guidelines provide applicant selection information:
Considered First: Those applicants with completed applications submitted by the deadline that show they have completed all the required courses. Those applicants with the highest GPA and/or Veteran status will be given priority.
Considered Next: Those applicants with completed applications submitted by the deadline that show they will successfully complete the required courses by the end of the Spring semester.
Not Accepted: Those applicants whose applications are incomplete, or submitted after the deadline.
Acceptance letters will be mailed by December 15 , 2013. Twelve (12) applicants will be accepted with five (5) alternates accepted. Students accepted to the program may be required to sit for an interview. Students on “Alternate” status must reapply during the application period the next year if no space is available to continue due to attrition.
If you are accepted into the program, all items below must be submitted NO LATER than January 15, 2014 . Failure to do so will result in being excluded for enrollment in the program.
- Program Fee ($15,148; Check, Money Order or Credit Card Only; no Cash).*
- Background/Criminal Check Performed;**
- Drug Screening;**
- Copy of Current CPR Card (AHA BLS for HCP)
*Refund Policy: Students may withdraw from the program prior to the 4th class session to receive a refund of their enrollment fee excluding a $1000 processing and administrative fee. Your payment will not be processed if you are an alternate and not admitted to the program. Your payment will be returned in its entirety.
**The background/criminal check and drug screening is the responsibility of the student (Fee: $97). Admission to the program will be conditional upon the successful completion of the items above submitted by 01/15/14..