Las Positas Technical Support (LaPTechS)
On-the-job training for students
Las Positas Technical Support (LaPTechS) is an award-winning student-run business providing low-cost computer, administrative, and technical services to local businesses, schools, community organizations, and Las Positas College. Its mission is to foster the highest standard in business resource solutions while providing on-the-job training for students.
- Acquire valuable, state-of-the-art work skills.
- Gain experience in all aspects of business operations.
- Train in the dynamic field of technology.
- Learn in a supervised setting.
- Develop references for job applications.
- Learn about internship opportunities.
- Enjoy flexible working hours.
Community and Business Services
- Computer problem assessment and troubleshooting.
- Software applications and data management.
- Computer hardware and software installation.
- Database and mailing list creation and maintenance.
What Students Are Saying
“I now have a job directing IT for a major state organization. I worked hard to get here, but it all started with my job at LaPTechS.”
Enroll concurrently in LaPTechS, ELEC 1511 (one-unit seminar) and 1512 (one or two unit lab) or BUSN 91 (one-unit seminar) and 92 (one or two unit lab). In the lab, four hours of work per week are required for one unit, and eight hours of work per week are required for two units.