What We Model
The Las Positas College Child Development Center does not discriminate on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender, ethnic group identification, race, ancestry, national origin, religion, color, or physical disability in determining which children are served.
The use or disclosure of financial or other information concerning children or families will be limited to purposes directly connected to the program. No other use of this information may be made without parent’s prior written consent. Parents shall have access to all information contained in their own child’s individual folder. We highly expect parents and staff to help maintain confidentiality for all children enrolled in the program.
Our Standards of Experience for Children
- Being intellectually engaged and challenged
- Applying developing skills in purposeful ways
- Developing confidence in their own intellectual powers
- Establishing a school culture of respect, confidentiality, and diversity collaboration
- Celebrating extended conversations/interactions with adults and peers
- Taking initiative/responsibility; making choices
- Generating questions/predictions/hypotheses
- Sustaining involved investigations of worthwhile topics
- Overcoming obstacles and set-backs
- Helping others to find out about and understand things better
- Making suggestions to others
- Feeling a sense of belonging to a community in the school
- Promoting sensitivity for the child’s competency through consistent and dependable care, small group size and nurturing primary care – giving teachers
- Respecting children’s choices in their play, work, creations, and self – expression
- Finding time to interact with and scaffold for children to support their development and augment their play
- Embracing their culture and those of their peers
Our Quality Care Practices for Families
The LPC Child Development Center Staff have the responsibility to ensure that the center is a safe, secure, comfortable, and engaging place for children, their parents and the ECD students to be themselves. To achieve this goal, staff will:
Treat children, parents, families and each other with respect, compassion, and empathy.
Maintain a working environment that promotes health and safety.
Model cooperation and honest open communication.
Maintain a learning environment that is natural, consistent, dependable and flexible.
Promote self – esteem through responsive interactions and positive guidance.
Include children’s and families’ ideas and values in our planning.
LPC Child Development Center plans to re-open on August 10th and is accepting new enrollment. Please email the Director, Angie Lopez @ email@example.com
For more information please contact:
Fax: (925) 373-6912
License # 013420889
Located in Building 2300 at the northwest edge between the P.E. Complex and Science Buildings.