Welcome to Online Counseling!
Attention: E-Counseling will resume the second week of the Spring 2017 semester.
~Enjoy your Holiday Break~
Online Counseling is an Email-Based service available to Las Positas students who live too far away from campus to meet with a counselor in person, including students taking online courses.
This service is for Currently Enrolled/Registered Students (students with a W#):
Follow STEPS 1, 2 and 3 found at the bottom of each page
to access the E-Counselor.
Online counseling provides the following services:
Online counseling services are NOT available for:
Online Counseling Response Time:
- Online counseling is available during the fall and spring semesters, Mondays - Thursdays only.
- Most questions will be responded to within 3 business days (excluding holidays). During periods of heavy enrollment a response may take longer
- Counselors are NOT available during the first and last week of the semester due to high demand with registration.
- Online counseling will NOT be available during semester breaks or campus holidays.
- If you do not receive a response, check your spam filter and make sure it allows messages from the domain @laspositascollege.edu
- If your question is too detailed or complex to be answered online, you may receive a message recommending that you see a counselor for in person assistance
- Keep in mind that Online Counseling can save you time, but it does NOT take the place of seeing a counselor in person.
Returning Students/Community Members:
You may submit an inquiry via email to our front desk staff who will assist you as best they can:
Please be aware that due to the nature of the technology we are using, there can be no assurance of confidentiality when using this online service. It should also be noted that due to changes in college requirements and policies, all replies are to be used as advisory and informational only and will not constitute an official determination. Information provided by counselors and/or paraprofessional staff is subject to the limitations of current and available material. The final responsibility for successfully achieving an educational goal rests with the student. Information on-line is designed to be helpful; however, this information changes frequently. It is recommended that students consult catalogs, counselors, departments and universities to confirm an educational plan.
Click here to return to the Counseling Home Page