Deciding on a Career & Major
4 Steps to a Career Decision
Step 4: How Do I Get There?
Educational Planning and Transfer
- By appointment, counselors will help students:
- The Las Positas Career Transfer Center has:
- Transfer Information: college catalogs, admissions guides and more.
- Workshops: Completing College Applications, Writing a Personal Essay for College Applications, and more.
- Appointments with transfer college representatives
- Job Shadow -- Every spring, LPC students can spend a day, on-the-job with professionals in various careers
- Informational Interview -- Interview a professional in a career of interest and find out more about their field and career path. Visit the Career Transfer and Employment Center on how to conduct an informational interview.
- LPC Internship Program -- Explore careers, gain experience, and start making professional contacts.
- The LPC Career Transfer and Employment Center has information and provides services to begin a successful job search
- Tri-Valley One Stop Career Center (485-5262)-- Some services:
- Wonderlick, Strong and Keirsey assessments
- Career Counseling for non students (1hour)
- Free workshops on Word/Excel the Excel (Friday afternoons)
- Free typing tests
- Networking: How to Give an Elevator Speech
- EDD Work Smart: Resumes & Cover Letters
- EDD Work Smart: How to Do a Job Fair
- EDD Work Smart: Interviewing