Job Search Techniques
To begin your search ask yourself:
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- What self assessment have you done?
- What do you know about the global world of work?
- What skills do employers look for?
- What are career character traits?
- What are the trends for the job market?
- A Job search handout(35K
PDF document) is available
Resume Styles and Cover Letters
The purpose of a resume to to get you an interview. Make sure your resume is updated to show your best skills and how they match an employers needs.
- Learn about types of resume styles
- Transferable skill
- Action verbs
- Sample resumes/cover letters
- Electronic resumes
- A resume handout (58K PDF document) is available
The Purpose of an interview is to exchange information and provide an opportunity to assess both the needs of the employer and employee.
- Learn about types of interviews
- How to prepare for an interview
- Typical questions
- Salary negogiations
- An interview handout (84K PDF) is available