- Financial Aid Home
- Financial Aid Applications
- Verify My Application
- Fee Waiver
- Forms and Petitions
- AB 540 and California Dream Act
- Financial Aid Refund/Payment Dates
- Work Study
- Financial Aid Television (FATV)
- Glossary and Financial Literacy
- Net Price Calculator
- Tax Information
- Policies & Procedures
- CARES Act Relief Fund Report
Resources for students who have lost their jobs, have no insurance, etc. Pass it on to anyone who needs this information. PDF
2021-2022 FAFSA and CA Dream Application available October 01, 2020, Remember to complete the FAFSA or CADAA before the March 02, 2021 Cal Grant deadline.
Local Scholarships/Scholarship Resources
RaiseMe partners with universities to offer students scholarships for their achievements during community college. RaiseMe is entirely free for students!
Free Workshops (see below)
FAFSA and DREAM Application Workshops
We do not have any appointments available at this time. Please check back.
CCPG Fee Waiver Information
The California College Promise Grant for California Residents (formerly known as the
BOG Fee Waiver) helps eligible students with tuition ($46 per unit). Link to Application and details.
AB 19 Promise Grant - Need Money for Books & Other Expenses? FLYER
Las Positas College has partnered with BankMobile Disbursements to deliver financial aid refunds and other credit balances to students. We are committed
to delivering 100% of students’ refunds, providing students with clear choices and
offering great customer service.
Do you need books for your classes?
Free Textbook Loaner Program (for fall/spring) brought to you by the Las Positas College Student Government. Please visit Student Life Office for details.
Financial Aid Book Loans - More Information
Job postings are now available.
FAFSA/DREAM Act Application
A new FAFSA must be filed every year starting October 1st. The Cal Grant deadline (through the FAFSA/Dream Act Application) is March 2nd of every year. It is one application to apply for a Pell Grant, a Cal Grant, and Fee Waiver and it is by completing the FAFSA. Please read more on Cal Grants.
2020-2021 FAFSA is for a Fee Waiver for summer 2019, fall 2020, & spring 2021, Pell grant for fall 2020, spring 2021, summer 2021 (if eligible)
2021-2022 FAFSA is for a Fee Waiver for summer 2020, fall 2021, & spring 2022, Pell grant for fall 2021, spring 2022, summer 2022 (if eligible)
_____For AB 540 (Undocumented) Students____
If you are completing the DREAM Act Application, it must be submitted no later than March 2 of each year. But if you missed the March 2 Cal Grant deadline, you can still file the application to find out if you are eligible for a Fee Waiver or Cal Grant.
Year-Round Pell Grants
The U.S. Department of Education has recently implemented Year-Round Pell Grants, allowing students to receive up to 150% of a regular grant award over the course of the academic year (fall, spring, and summer) so that they can continue taking classes in the summer and finish their degrees faster than they would otherwise.
Summer Pell Grants (Example)
If you cannot find your Financial Aid Information on the Zone or CLASS-Web.
Reasons may be:
- You have NOT completed your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or DREAM Act Application or you may have completed the incorrect aid year
- You have NOT entered our College/ Federal School Code (030357) in your submitted FAFSA or DREAM Act Application
- You have completed your FAFSA but we have NOT received it. It takes approximately 7-10 days after your FAFSA submission for us to retrieve your information (The DREAM Act Application takes much longer.)
Always double check:
- Make sure you have completed the correct FAFSA for the appropriate Financial Aid Year.
- Submit your FAFSA by using your FSA ID