- Financial Aid Home
- Información de la Ayuda Financiera
- AB19 The California College Promise Scholarship
- Apply for Financial Aid (FAFSA)
- Aid - Types of Financial Aid
- After You Apply - What's Next?
- BankMobile Refunds
- California College Promise Grant (formerly BOGW Fee Waiver)
- Class-Web - How To
- Complete Withdraw After Receiving Aid
- Cost of Attendance
- Dream Act (AB 540)
- FATV (Financial Aid TV)
- Federal Direct Loan
- Federal Tax Benefits and 1098-T
- Federal Work-study Jobs
- Financial Aid Staff
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Get SAP Counseling Sessions for Reinstatement Petition
- Helpful Resources
- Manage Your Money
- Net Price Calculator
- Pell Grant Chart 2019-2020
- Purpose of Financial Aid
- Refund (Payment) Dates
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- The Zone - How To
- Understanding My Responsibilities
It's tax season, again.
www.trivalleyonestop.org/freetaxes to register or call 925-560-9431
AB 19 Promise Grant - Need Money for Books & Other Expenses? FLYER
Hispanic Community Affairs Council (HCAC)
Applications are open between December 1st, 2019 to February 1st, 2020 for the 2019-2020 Academic School year.
If you will be attending a Community College or Vocational School, you may be eligible for a $500 scholarship.
If you will be attending a 4-year college/university or graduate/professional school, you may be eligible for a $2000 scholarship.
The applicant will be evaluated on the following criteria, in order of importance.
Pedrozzi.org – applications are due March 2, 2020. Click on link for details.
Lockheed Martin Scholarship
Lockheed Martin is awarding up to 151 renewable scholarships of up to $6,600 each for associate's degrees or vocational-technical certifications in specified areas of study.
Applicants must be:
· U.S. Citizens
· High school seniors, graduates (or GED equivalent), or current undergraduate with less than a bachelor's degree
· Planning to enroll full-time at an accredited: vocational technical school, trade school, two-year community or state college
· Pursuing a degree or vocational-technical certificate in one of the specified areas of study
RaiseMe partners with universities to offer students scholarships for their achievements during community college.
Do you need books for your classes?
Free Textbook Loaner Program (for fall/spring) brought to you by the Las Positas College Student Government. Please visit Student Life Office for details.
Financial Aid Book Loans - More Information
Get Help Filling Out the FAFSA or DREAM Application
Get One-on-One Help Filling Out your FAFSA or DREAM application
(January 14 5pm-7pm, January 17 11am-1pm, January 21 5pm - 7pm) Room 1672
Online Service Center next to Admissions and Records
FLYER - more dates and location in Room 1604
Financial Literacy Workshops
Financial literacy is the education and understanding of various financial areas including topics related to managing personal finance and money. To be financially literate is to know how to manage your money. These workshops will vary in financial literacy topics.
CCPG Fee Waiver Information
The California College Promise Grant for California Residents (formerly known as the BOG Fee Waiver) helps eligible students with tuition ($46 per unit). Link to Application and details.
Las Positas College has partnered with BankMobile Disbursements to deliver financial aid refunds and other credit balances to students. We are committed
to delivering 100% of students’ refunds, providing students with clear choices and
offering great customer service.
Free Preschool Program for Qualifying Families
There are currently no Federal Work-Study Jobs for spring.
Please check back.
Tri-Valley Career Center
Workshops, Employment Information, etc.
A new FAFSA must be filed every year starting October 1st. The Cal Grant deadline (through the FAFSA/Dream application) is March 2nd of every year. It is one application to apply for a Pell Grant and a Cal Grant and it is by filing the FAFSA. Please read more on Cal Grants.
If you are filling out the DREAM application, it must be filed no later than March 2 of each year. But if you missed the March 2 deadline, you can file it at any time.
2019-2020 FAFSA is for a Fee Waiver for summer 2019, fall 2019, & spring 2020, Pell grant for fall 2019, spring 2020, summer 2020 (if eligible)
2020-2021 FAFSA is for a Fee Waiver for summer 2019, fall 2020, & spring 2021, Pell grant for fall 2020, spring 2021, summer 2021 (if eligible)
Year-Round Pell Grants
The U.S. Department of Education has recently implemented Year-Round Pell Grants, allowing students to receive up to 150% of a regular grant award over the course of the academic year (fall, spring, and summer) so that they can continue taking classes in the summer and finish their degrees faster than they would otherwise. Click here for more information regarding Year-Round Pell Grants.
Summer Pell Grants (Example)
Click here in regard to summer Pell Grants
Looking for a job or an internship?
Please review the Las Positas College Internship and Job Board at http://laspositascollege.edu/internship-job-board/
More than 100 jobs posted! Over 500 employers and over 900 students and alumni are
registered. Students have landed excellent positions, such as marketing internships
with the Transit Authority and IT positions at banks.
If students have questions, they can email WBL@laspositascollege.edu.
If you cannot find your Financial Aid Information on the Zone or CLASS-Web.
Reasons may be:
- You have NOT completed your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or DREAM Application or you have completed the incorrect aid year
- You have NOT entered our College/ Federal School Code (030357) in your submitted FAFSA or DREAM Application
- You have completed your FAFSA but we have NOT received it. It takes approximately 7-10 days after your FAFSA submission for us to retrieve your information (The DREAM Application takes much longer.)
Always double check:
- Make sure you have completed the correct FAFSA for the appropriate Financial Aid Year.
- Submit your FAFSA by using your FSA ID