- Financial Aid Home
- 2018-19 Sample Award Letter
- Información de la Ayuda Financiera
- AB19 The California College Promise
- Apply for Financial Aid (FAFSA)
- Aid - Types of Financial Aid
- After You Apply - What's Next?
- BankMobile Refunds
- California College Promise Grant (formerly BOGW Fee Waiver)
- Class-Web - How To
- Complete Withdraw After Receiving Aid
- Cost of Attendance
- Dream Act (AB 540)
- EOPS Department
- FATV (Financial Aid TV)
- Federal Direct Loan
- Federal Tax Benefits and 1098-T
- Federal Work-study Jobs
- Financial Aid Staff
- Foster Youth Resources
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Get SAP Counseling Sessions for Reinstatement Petition
- LPCSG Textbook Loaner Program
- LPC Veterans First Program
- Manage Your Money
- Net Price Calculator
- Pell Grant Chart 2018-2019
- Pell Grant Chart 2019-2020
- Purpose of Financial Aid
- Refund (Payment) Dates
- Resources (Various)
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- The Zone - How To
- Understanding My Responsibilities
Priority File Completion Deadline for fall is July 01, 2019
AAUW - American Association of University Women
SCHOLARSHIPS Available for Current College Sophomores and/or Juniors- (2019-2020 school
How to Apply: Applications found at: lpd-ca.aauw.net
Application and details.
The Livermore-Pleasanton-Dublin Branch of AAUW (American Association of University Women) has a Local Scholarship Foundation project that sponsors and awards scholarships to qualified applicants each year ranging from $1,000 - $2,000.
Deadline: June 15, 2019
Are You Eligible?
Must be all of these:
- a woman residing in Livermore, Pleasanton, Dublin or Sunol OR a graduate of one of the high schools serving these communities
- a college undergraduate who will have attained junior or senior standing at the start of the upcoming fall term
- planning to attend an accredited 4 year college or university
- planning to complete your course of study
- the recipient to attend our Fall Membership Luncheon in-person or via video
RaiseMe partners with universities to offer students scholarships for their achievements during community college.
Need help with getting books for classes?
Free Textbook Loaner Program (for fall/spring) brought to you by the Las Positas College Student Government. Please visit Student Life Office for details.
Financial Aid Book Loans - More Information
Get Help Filling Out the FAFSA or DREAM Application
Get One-on-One Help Filling Out your FAFSA or DREAM application
Online Service Center next to Admissions and Records
Check back soon!
Financial Literacy Workshops
Check Back Soon!!
Financial literacy is the education and understanding of various financial areas including topics related to managing personal finance and money. To be financially literate is to know how to manage your money. These workshops will vary in financial literacy topics.
CCPG Fee Waiver Information
The California College Promise Grant for California Residents (formerly known as the BOG Fee Waiver) helps eligible students with tuition ($46 per unit). Link to Application and details.
Las Positas College has partnered with BankMobile Disbursements to deliver financial aid refunds and other credit balances to students. We are committed
to delivering 100% of students’ refunds, providing students with clear choices and
offering great customer service. Choices include an electronic deposit to another
account or electronic deposit to a BankMobile Vibe account, an optional account designed
specifically for students with access to 55,000 fee-free Allpoint® ATMs, money management
tools and a one-of-a-kind recognition program.
For More Information
Free Preschool Program for Qualifying Families
Current Federal Workstudy Jobs
There are no FWS jobs at this time. Please check back during summer for the list of jobs for fall.
Tri-Valley Career Center
Workshops, Employment Information, etc.
A new FAFSA must be filed every year starting October 1st. The Cal Grant deadline (through the FAFSA/Dream application) is March 2nd of every year. It is one application to apply for a Pell Grant and a Cal Grant and it is by filing the FAFSA. Please read more on Cal Grants.
If you are filling out the DREAM application, it must be filed no later than March 2 of each year. But if you missed the March 2 deadline, you can file it at any time.
2018-2019 FAFSA is for fall 2018, spring 2019, & summer 2019 Pell grant
2019-2020 FAFSA is for a Fee Waiver for summer 2019, fall 2019, & spring 2020, Pell grant for fall 2019, spring 2020, summer 2020 (if eligible)
Year-Round Pell Grants
The U.S. Department of Education has recently implemented Year-Round Pell Grants, allowing students to receive up to 150% of a regular grant award over the course of the academic year (fall, spring, and summer) so that they can continue taking classes in the summer and finish their degrees faster than they would otherwise. Click here for more information regarding Year-Round Pell Grants.
Summer Pell Grants
Click here in regard to summer Pell Grants
Reinstatement Petitions - Forms
For Reinstatement Petitions, you must complete the 'GetSAP' counseling sessions online at https://lpc.get-counseling.com/. For more information please read the petition.
Looking for a job or an internship?
Please review the Las Positas College Internship and Job Board at http://laspositascollege.edu/internship-job-board/
More than 100 jobs posted! Over 500 employers and over 900 students and alumni are
registered. Students have landed excellent positions, such as marketing internships
with the Transit Authority and IT positions at banks.
If students have questions, they can email WBL@laspositascollege.edu.
If you cannot find your Financial Aid Information on the Zone or CLASS-Web.
Reasons may be:
- You have NOT completed your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or DREAM Application or you have completed the incorrect aid year
- You have NOT entered our College/ Federal School Code (030357) in your submitted FAFSA or DREAM Application
- You have completed your FAFSA but we have NOT received it. It takes approximately 7-10 days after your FAFSA submission for us to retrieve your information (The DREAM Application takes much longer.)
Always double check:
- Make sure you have completed the correct FAFSA for the appropriate Financial Aid Year.
- Submit your FAFSA by using your FSA ID