- Financial Aid Home
- Apply for Financial Aid
- Steps to Apply
- Verify My Application
- FAFSA Eligibility Requirements
- Types of Financial Aid
- Fee Waiver
- LPC Forms and Petitions
- AB 540 and California Dream Act
- Federal Direct Loans
- FA Payment Dates
- 2020-2021 Pell Grant Chart
- Complete Withdrawal from Classes
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- AB 19 Promise Scholarship
- Current Federal Work Study Positions
- Policies & Procedures
- Financial Aid Television (FATV)
- FATV En Español
- Glossary and Financial Literacy
- Net Price Calculator
- Tax Information
- CARES Act Relief Fund Report
- Covid-19 Resources
What If I Have Special Circumstances regarding my income?
The process of determining eligibility for financial aid uses standard formulas and standard student budgets. The Financial Aid Office recognizes that some students have unusual, special circumstances that are not considered in the standard process of determining eligibility. Students with special circumstances are encouraged to contact the Financial Aid Office (or download below) for either a Petition for Consideration of Special Circumstances form or a Request for Financial Aid Income or Budget Adjustment form (whichever is most appropriate). The appropriate form is completed by the student (and parent, if student is dependent) and submitted for review of their financial aid package based on the individual circumstances documented.
The Petition for Consideration of Special Circumstances form allows revisions, based on professional judgment by the financial aid officer, to income or budget for an individual student based on loss of parent's or independent student's employment, untaxed income or benefit, student's or parent's separation or divorce, death of a parent, or other special circumstances which affect a student's (or his/her family's) ability to contribute toward his/her education. Documentation to support the claim of unusual circumstances must be provided.
The Request for Financial Aid Income or Budget Adjustment form is appropriate if you have some unusual costs such as:
- You are a dependent student and your parent attends college at least halftime
- You have computer costs associated with your education
- You have disability-related costs
- You have child care expenses as a result of school attendance.
Documentation must be provided for all of the above situations. Complete the form below and attach documentation in order to have these special circumstances considered.
- Dependent Student Special Circumstances form
- Independent Student Special Circumstances form
- Request for Financial Aid Income or Budget Adjustment form (13K PDF)
Financial Aid Office
All Staff are Working Remotely
Cranium Café - Online video chat
How to Contact Staff While We are Working Remotely
Please Note: We have an after-hours DROPBOX located in the hallway between the Admissions and Financial Aid Offices, for your convenience.
Federal School Code
- Financial Aid in Six Steps Flyer
- Important Dates & Deadlines
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Financial Aid Office Staff