What Kinds of Classes Might I Take?
Required Global Studies courses (6 units):
- GS 1, Introduction to Global Studies (3 units)
(Cross-listed with SOC 5)
- GS 2, Global Issues (3 units)
Elective courses (15 units from 4 different areas):
- ANTR 3 (Culture and Society area), Social/Cultural Anthropology (3 units)
- GEOG 1 (Geography area), Introduction to Physical Geography (3 units)
- GEOG 2 (Geography area), Cultural Geography (3 units)
- GEOG 5 (Geography area), World Regional Geography (3 units)
- ECON 2 (Economic area), Principles of Macroeconomics (3 units)
- ENG 41 (Humanities area), World Literature: 17th Century to the Present (3 units)
Approved beginning Fall 2019:
- FREN 2A (Humanities area), Intermediate French I
- FREN 2B (Humanities area), Intermediate French II
- SPAN 2A (Humanities area), Intermediate Spanish I
- SPAN 2B (Humanities area), Intermediate Spanish II
- POLI 20 (Politics area), Comparative Government
- POLI 30 (Politics area), International Relations
All courses that count for the Global Studies AA-T also count for CSU GE, IGETC, and AA/AS GE!
Note: If you plan to go on and earn a Global Studies BA, it is strongly recommended that you take both the 2A and 2B semesters of a language course, if possible, while you are still at LPC. Consult with a counselor concerning the requirements at the college to which you may transfer.