Tools for Readers
Please note: dates on this page are also posted on the Program Review Timeline on the Program Review Homepage.
- Read all Program Reviews assigned to you. A link to the program review drafts appears at the bottom of this page.
- Read the Program Reviews that have your name listed next to them. (Please note that there is no seprate readers' list as in past years; reading assignments are listed on the web page with the Program Review drafts). Reading assignments within a division are occasionally non-sequential, so make sure to read all Program Reviews with your name next to them.
- If you are reading in more than one division, your name will be marked with a double-asterisk, so make sure to find your second division assignment.
- Non-dean readers only need to read Sections 1 and 2.
- Program Reviews marked with a single-asterisk have received an extention and should be posted by11/10.
- As you read, fill out the Division Summary Template for the Program Reviews you read. The Template is an online document that will allow you to take notes on the information in the Program Reviews you read. A link to the Template for each division appears at the bottom of this page. Please make sure to use your assigned color (noted on the worksheet) to take notes.
- All readers (including PRC readers, SLO/SAO Comittee readers, and other readers) should finish posting their comments on the Division Summary Template by January 19.
Division Team Meetings
- The reader team for each division (deans and PRC members) should meet at the beginning of Spring semester to discuss the division's Program Reviews and write the Division Summary. Meetings should take place between January 19-February 3 and should last about 1. 5 hours. The date for the meeting should be decided by December 11 so it will be on everyone's calendars for the new semester.
- Program Review Committee readers will arrange the meeting.
- Attendance: The dean and all PRC readers for the division should attend this meeting. SLO readers and any other readers do not need to attend unless they would like to. PRC members reading in two divisions only need to attend the meeting for the division for which they are readng the majority of their Program Reviews.
- All attendees should be prepared to access the Division Summary document during the meeting.
- If the readers want to suggest revisions to a Program Review, the dean should communicate these suggestions to the program by February 4. They may do so in person, by email, or using the Suggestions for Revision Form.
Writing the Summary
- At the meeting, the assembled team will write the Division Summary drawing on the notes taken before the meeting. The summary does NOT need to be a highly polished document; rather, it should be a snapshot of the information noted by the readers and discussed at the meeting.
- To create the summary, edit your Division Summary template with all the readers' notes,
adding and deleting information as needed.
- If you would like to preserve your team's notes to use as you work, make a copy of the summary template with the notes (using "make a copy" under "file" on GoogleDocs).
- Name the copy "Division Summary Notes" or something similar and share it with the meeting members to use alongside the edited summary document.
- The summary should ideally be completed by the end of the meeting! If it is not completed, any remaining work should be done by the dean; such work should be minimal.
- Summaries are due February 4. You do not need to take any steps to submit them as long as they appear at the Googledoc link used by your division (posted below).
- Summaries should be discussed during the division meetings on February 16 or shared with the division in another way. Dean may choose to update summaries based on division feedback; any updates should be sent to the PRC chair.
- Program Review Drafts 2020
- Division Summary Templates
For more information please contact:
Program Review Chair