Tools for Readers (DRAFT)
Please note: the dates on this page are also posted on the Program Review Timeline on the Program Review Homepage.
- Read all Program Reviews in your division. Please note that non-dean readers will only be reading Sections 1 and 2. A link to the program reviews appears at the bottom of this page.
- Fill out the Division Summary Worksheet for the Program Reviews you read. The worksheet is an online document that will allow you to take notes on the themes in the Program Reviews you read. A link to the worksheet appears at the bottom of this page.
- All readers (including PRC readers, SLO/SAO Comittee readers, and other readers) should finish posting their comments on the Division Summary Worksheet by January 19.
Division Team Meetings
- The reader team for each division (deans and PRC members) should meet at the beginning of Spring semester to discuss the division's Program Reviews and write the Division Summary. Meetings should take place between January 19-February 3 and should last about 1. 5 hours. The date for the meeting should be decided by December 11 so it will be on everyone's calendars for the new semester.
- Program Review Committee readers will arrange the meeting. The dean and all PRC readers for the division should attend this meeting. SLO readers and any other readers do not need to attend unless they would like to.
- Everyone who will attend the meeting (deans and PRC readers) should review the Division Summary Worksheet before the meeting. All attendees should be prepared to access this document during the meeting.
- If the readers want to suggest revisions to a Program Review, the dean should communicate these suggestions to the program by February 4. They may do so in person, by email, or using the Suggestions for Revision Form.
Writing the Summary
- At the meeting, the assembled team will write the Division Summary using the Division Summary template. Links to the template appear at the bottom of this page.
- The summary should ideally be completed by the end of the meeting! If it is not completed, any remaining work should be done by the dean. Summary drafts are due February 4. Since they are completed on a GoogleDoc, they do not need to be submitted by email.
- Summaries should be discussed during the division meetings on February 16 or shared with the division in another way. Dean may choose to update summaries based on division feedback.
- Program Review Drafts 2020
- List of readers 2020
- Division Summary Worksheets
- Arts and Humanities
- Business, Social Science & Learning Resources
- Public Safety, Advance Manufacturing, Transportation, Health & Kinesiology
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Math
- Enrollment Services
- Student Services 1
- Student Services 2
For more information please contact:
Program Review Chair