Reading and Writing Center! (RAW)
WHAT? The RAW Center offers free 15-20-minute drop-in appointments for reading assignments, as well as writing help for papers and essays. Appointments are with LPC English and ESL Instructors.
WHERE? Room 2401, Office D
- Monday 10:00 - 7:00
- Tuesday 10:00 - 7:00
- Wednesday 10:30 - 4:00
- Thursday 10:00 - 5:00
ESL instructors at the RAW are available as follows:
- Ivonna Xiezopolski: Mondays 12:30 - 2:30
- Manette Barlow: Wednesdays 12:30 - 4:00
- Erin DeBakcsy: Thursdays 1:30 - 4:00
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE YOUR VISIT:
- You should bring a pen or pencil, your assignment, and your assignment instructions.
- Reading and writing services include help with reading comprehension, reading strategies, brainstorming for essays, essay organization, thesis statements and conclusions, paragraph focus, developing your ideas, MLA and APA documentation and format, grammar, sentence structure, and punctuation.
- We do not offer a "proofreading service." Tutors will help you locate your errors and teach you how to fix them and provide learning resources.
More details can be found on the RAW website