President Profile and Application Process
The President of Las Positas College serves as the Chief Executive Officer and reports to the Chancellor of the Chabot-Las Positas Community College District, a two-college district. The President will be expected to provide strong leadership and advocate for the College in a growing and changing community. The President must demonstrate a high degree of integrity, innovation, and commitment to shared governance.
California State-mandated minimum requirements for the position of President are an earned master’s degree from an accredited institution and one year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the President’s assignment.
Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- An earned doctorate from an accredited institution;
- Evidence of a successful record of achievement in progressively senior executive-level positions held in large complex organizations including administrative experience in an accredited community college, preferably in California;
- Evidence of relevant teaching and/or counseling experience in community college/higher education.
- Assure compliance with Accreditation Standards as well as California Community College governance and budgetary regulations and processes at all levels: state, district, and college;
- Exercise fiscal responsibility, strong financial acumen, and success in developing and implementing organizational efficiencies, cost-saving strategies and securing resources that would ensure the continuing development of College programs;
- Seek alternative sources of revenue and successfully leverage resources through grants and partnerships for educational opportunities and/or programs;
- Work with the college foundation;
- Communicate and work collaboratively with others with information that goes both vertically and horizontally throughout the District, including the participatory governance process;
- Plan effectively, implement strategies, and advocate for the College within a multi-college district structure;
- Advise the Chancellor on District issues, programs, and services; as a member of the senior leadership team, recommend policy and implement procedures for Board-adopted policies and/or procedures;
- Fulfill labor contracts and work within a collective bargaining environment;
- Work collaboratively with academic services and student services of the college;
- Develop and maintain community involvement, create partnerships, and promote the values of the college;
- Provide visibility and engagement as an administrator.
Open until filled, however to ensure full consideration applications must be received by Monday, August 19, 2019, 11:59:59pm. All inquiries, nominations, and applications will be held in strictest confidence.
To apply go to http://www.laspositascollege.edu/presidentsearch2019/.
Candidates will need to have the following information or materials available to complete the application:
- A cover letter (not to exceed 5 pages) that succinctly states how they meet the qualifications, and provide evidence of their experience and responsibilities.
- A current resume.
- A list of eight references - two supervisors, two subordinates (including one support staff member), two colleagues and two faculty members. References may be from either current or former institutions. References will not be contacted without the applicant’s permission.
- Unofficial or official transcripts.
For additional information, nominations or confidential inquiries please contact: Wyman Fong, Vice Chancellor, Human Resources, email@example.com, (925) 485-5261.
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
For updates on the President Search and online materials, please go to http://www.laspositascollege.edu/presidentsearch2019/.
CLPCCD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All completed application materials will be screened by the search committee which includes faculty, staff, administrators, students, and community leaders to ensure that the qualifications stated in the job announcement are met.
Those candidates who meet the minimum required qualifications and most closely reflect the experience associated with the desirable qualifications and representative duties will be invited for an interview on or about mid-September.
Public forums are anticipated to be scheduled at Las Positas College during the last week in September followed by final interviews with the Chancellor. The new President will be expected to assume duties on or about January 1, 2020.
Las Positas College
Las Positas College (LPC) is located in the Tri-Valley region, 40 miles southeast of San Francisco, in the City of Livermore, amid one of California’s fastest growing regions for business, science, and technology. Gently rolling hills and picturesque vineyards provide the scenic background for the College’s 147-acre campus.
Las Positas College currently enrolls nearly 8,500 day and evening students. The College offers curriculum for students seeking career and technical preparation, transfer to a four-year college or university, or personal enrichment and basic skills. Las Positas College excels in helping students transfer to the University of California system, the California State University system, and other four-year institutions. Currently, LPC has one of the highest transfer rates in the state. The Las Positas College community is supported through the Las Positas College Foundation. The LPC Foundation attracts resources in support of student success through philanthropic investment in scholarships, endowments, bequests and annual gifts.
- Over 67 Associate Degree Programs (Associate of Arts (AA), Associate of Science (AS), Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT)
- Over 61 Certificate Programs (Achievement and Career)
Academic and Student Support Services
- Over 20 comprehensive academic support services including counseling, special needs support programs, mentoring, workshops, computer center, free tutoring, and much more
- Nationally recognized Veterans Resource Center
- Puente, Umoja, HSI Gateway to Success and Engineering Technology learning communities
- Champion athletic teams
- Forensics: debate and individual events
- Nationally recognized STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math), Health, Arts, Career Education Programs
Las Positas College has awarded its highest number of associate degrees for the third consecutive year. The number has nearly doubled from 427 in 2007-08 to 809 in 2016-17.
For more information about the position, please contact:
Thank you for your interest in the Chabot-Las Positas Community College District!
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer