WAG Meeting Summary – October 31, 2017
Statement of Privacy and UpSnap
The WAG (Web Advisory Group) discussed the "Statement of Privacy" located on the district website.
- Was legal counsel consulted with on the "Statement of Privacy".
- Are there business process in place that ensure that the district and college are following the "Statement of Privacy".
- Is the district or college responsible if UpSnap has a data breach and prospective students' personal data is compromised?
- Is there a privacy statement for Class-Web.
- Will a "Statement of Privacy" discourage users from using the LPC Website.
- The Webmaster will report on UpSnap during the LPC Technology Committee meeting on Nov. 6
Faculty & Staff Directory
The LPC campus directory currently has data that is out of date and inaccurate. The question was raised, would the database be easier to maintain if Adjunct Faculty were not included. The simple yes. Adjunct Faculty frequently come and go, which makes it hard to ensure the accuracy of the database. The campus directory database has no owner and is currently being maintained by Office of the President and the LPC Webmaster.
- "Students First" - Will removing adjuncts from the campus directory make it more difficult for students to contact their professors.
- Remove adjunct faculty from the campus directory.
- Enhancements to campus directory, so that if a student searches for a faculty member and no results are found, the student is directed to the department page that lists the current faculty and contact info.
- Rewrite campus directory to send an email with a list of faculty who's info has not been updated in over a year to the appropriate person(s). Then the person(s) responsible can make the appropriate updates.
- Build an option where faculty can update their own info in the campus directory.
Accessibility (Links that open in a new window/tab)
While updating counseling website, the webmaster was asked to make all links open in a new window.
While this technique is used when opening links to non LPC Website and PDF documents. It is not compliant with WCAG 2.0. WCAG 2.0 is the current accessibility standard that the LPC website is attempting to meet.
- Only open links in a new window when completely necessary.
- Warn users that the link will open in a new window.
Intro to Omni
The WAG was given a brief demo on Omni.
The following sites have been moved into Omni and are now live:
For more information please contact: