The Job Market
Early Care and Education is in demand and growing rapidly. Pay varies by educational level and degrees earned, by experience in the profession and by the type of program. You may also want to consider opening a Family Child Care Business out of your home..
Here are some resources to build your network and learn more about job opportunities in this field.
- California Department of Social Services Community Care Licensing Division
- The California Early Childhood Program (Available at many California Community Colleges)
- Action Alliance for Children (Exists to inform, educate, and persuade a statewide constituency of
people who work with and on behalf of children)
- Early Head Start (Serves children 0-3 years of age)
- Child Care Links Tri-Valley Resource and Referral Agency (Child Care Links acts as a link between government social service agencies and families.)