What We Do:
- Support students in their transition from Adult Education to Community College.
- Provide coordinated services for student from all of the MACC members and partner agencies.
- Connect adult learners to campus resources and support services.
- Expand classes and programs offered to adult learners.
- Build relationships with businesses and employment-focused organizations to transition students to the workforce.
At Las Positas College, we offer:
- 24 Occupational Associate Degrees, 17 Transfer Associate Degrees, and 44 Certificate Programs including community education courses geared toward personal development and cultural enrichment.
- Classes available for basic skills, transfer, career-technical, and retraining goals.
- Flexible class schedules with online, evening, weekend, and fast-track courses.
- Concurrent enrollment classes free of cost to Adult Learners pursuing a HS Diploma
or GED, in 5 easy steps!
- Apply to Las Positas College. Wait until you receive your W# (may take up to 72 hours)
- Contact your Adult School transition specialist or administrator to identify the Designee for your school (you need their email), # of hours completed in Adult School
- Identify the course number (you can find the course number on our Class Schedule)
- Complete the Adult Concurrent Enrollment Form
- When your form has been completed and approved, you will receive an email to register for classes.
For more information, view our Concurrent Enrollment process and policies.
How to complete Adult Education Concurrent Enrollment through DocuSign.
Here are just a few programs and resources for Adult Learners:
- Career Education: prepares adult learners to enter the workforce in a year or less.
- Community Education: offers credit and noncredit courses to enhance basic skills, career and technical training, retraining and personal enrichment objectives.
- Continuing Education: noncredit, tuition-free courses designed to provide students with a high-quality learning experience; includes ESL, Elementary and Secondary Basic Skills Math & English, Short Term Vocational and Workforce Preparation.
- English as a Second Language (ESL): provides instruction in the English language to adult, and non-native English speakers with varied academic, vocational, citizenship, and personal goals.