- Business Studies Home
- Getting Started
- The Program
- Advisory Board
- LPC Internship & Job Board
Career Certificate Business Workforce Proficiency §
- Apply standard business English to oral and written communications, including grammar, punctuation, mechanics, vocabulary, style, media, and usage.
- Describe the work ethic needed for success in today’s work environment.
- Develop business communications that present information in an organized and concise manner.
- Explain group dynamics as they apply to an individual working effectively within a group and within teams.
- Identify the primary business operations, business organizational options, and business procedures.
|PCN 15 (College Study Skills)||2 units|
|BUSN 48 (Human Relations in the Workplace)||3 units|
|CIS 43 (Professional Communications) or|
|BUSN 43 (Professional Communications)||3 units|
|BUSN 74 (Office Procedures)||3 units|
|BUSN 40 (Introduction to Business)||3 units|
|Elective Units*||1 unit|
|Total units required||15 units|
Select from the following for a total of 1 unit:
- CIS 72A (Data Management)
- CIS 72B (Spreadsheet Integration with Word Processing)
- CIS 73A (Ten-Key Skill Development)
- CIS 75 (Office Technology/Communications)
- CIS 84 (Windows)
- CIS 89A (Desktop Presentation)
§ This certificate is not transcripted. This group of courses provides industry-based professional development. Individual courses will appear on transcript. See a counselor for further information.
NOTE : Keyboarding Competency for:
Certificate of Achievement – Business Workforce Proficiency
Students must demonstrate keyboarding speed of 40 net words per minutes. Competency can be met by completing Computer Information Systems 71C with a “C” or better or by presenting a Las Positas College Verification of Proficiency certifying 40 net words per minutes in a five (5) minute timing.