Career & Employment Center
- Career Center Home
- Services & Resources
- Career Center Events
- Workshops & Classes
- Networking & Informational Interviews
- Internships & Work-Based Learning
- Employer Services
- Faculty & Staff Resources
- Industries & Occupational Data
- Recommended Online Resources
- Tri-Valley One-Stop
- Achieving Academic & Career Success
- Campus Outreach
Workshops & Classes
Las Positas Counseling Department offers a number of classes to help. Their Psychology Counseling courses support your personal growth and development as a student, guiding you toward your professional life. They can help you find a job and keep a job by teaching important soft skills and strategies in the workplace. You can take them as electives regardless of your major – or toward a Certificate of Achievement in Health & Human Services. Find the course descriptions in the latest College Catalog. Talk with a Counselor for more information.
- PCN 10 – Career and Educational Planning
- PCN 11 – Interpersonal Relationships
- PCN 13 – Multicultural Issues in Contemporary America
The Career and Transfer Center hosts a variety of Smart Shop Series workshops. These workshops led by experienced faculty and staff on a variety of topics that are geared toward employment and career goals. The Smart Shop Series will cover interview skills, resume writing, internships and career exploration.
The Tri-Valley One-Stop also offers workshops on a regular basis to help you in your job search. They include job search strategies, resume writing, interview skills, LinkedIn and other professional platforms. Check out their workshops on the Tri-Valley One-Stop website.