Degrees & Certificates
- Computer Science (CS)
- CodeJam 2021
- A.S. Degree Computer Science
- Artificial Intelligence Certificate
- Computer Programming Certificate
- Computer Programming for the Web Certificate
- Management Information Systems Certificate
- Red Hat Administration Certificate
- Job Market
- Transfer Opportunities
- Computer Studies
- Career Education
Certificate of Achievement
About the Program
Las Positas College offers Degrees and Certificate programs in Computer Science that prepare students for direct job entry and/ or preparation for transfer to a four-year university. These programs cover a wide range of computer related professions that include programming, systems analysis, data processing, computer research and data management. Students will learn to direct computer operations by writing detailed instructions in computer languages to solve a variety of problems in business, government, and science. These include information acquisition, processing storage, and transmission, using computers and computer peripherals.
Principal areas of study within computer science include computer systems and networks; database systems; human factors; numerical analysis; programming languages; software engineering and theory of computing.
About the Certificate
The Las Positas Computer Science program offers courses that lead to a Certificate of Achievement in Artificial Intelligence. The certificate prepares students for direct job entry into areas such as artificial intelligence programming, machine learning engineering, and business intelligence development. This certificate also prepares students with the theoretical knowledge of artificial knowledge to ensure quick adaptation to emerging artificial intelligence technologies.
Artificial intelligence programmer, machine learning engineer, data scientist, and business intelligence developer.
- Upon completion of the Certificate of Achievement in Artificial Intelligence, students will be able to analyze a problem, determine which artificial intelligence algorithms are viable and develop an appropriate solution.
- Upon completion of the Certificate of Achievement in Artificial Intelligence, students will be able to use existing artificial intelligence and machine learning programming libraries on a data set to create a valid model that justifies their design decisions.
|CS 1 Computing Fundamentals I||4|
|CS 2 Computing Fundamentals II||4|
|CS 4 Introduction to Artificial Intelligence||3|
|CS 5 Introduction to Machine Learning||3|
|CS 7 Introduction to Computer Programming Concepts||3|
|MATH 40 Statistics and Probability||4|
Updated: July 2022