Dreamers @ LPC
- Dreamers @ LPC Home
- In-state Tuition vs. Dream Act vs. DACA
- Latinx/Hispanic Heritage Month 2022
- New Student Checklist for Dreamers
- Official Statements of Support
- Scholarships & Opportunities
- Student Club: Dreamers Thriving, Not Surviving
- Student Resources
- UndocuAlly Resources
- UndocuAlly Task Force Mission Statement
- UndocuAlly Task Force Accomplishments
- Undocumented Student Action Week
- Who You Can Talk To
Chabot-Las Positas Community College - Commitment to Undocumented Students
Dear Colleagues and Students:
As we begin this fall semester, I want to reiterate that our district is deeply focused on the safety and well-being of our students and employees, not their immigration status. Our Board of Trustees designated Chabot College and Las Positas College as Sanctuary campuses, and as such, we are committed to providing a safe space for all of our students to study, learn, and thrive.
Additionally, we want to remind immigrant students receiving or applying for financial aid that educational benefits, including tuition assistance, will not be factored into so-called “public charge” rules changes, put forth by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, set to go into effect on October 15, 2019.
We strongly encourage prospective and current students to continue to apply for the financial aid that they may be eligible to receive and to pursue their educational goals.
While the District is unable to provide legal advice, we encourage our students to review the resources available on the Chabot College and Las Positas College websites:
- Chabot College - http://www.chabotcollege.edu/student-services/dreamers/
- Las Positas College - http://www.laspositascollege.edu/dreamers/
For additional questions on how to apply for financial aid, deadlines, including information for undocumented students, we encourage you to visit the Chabot College or Las Positas College Financial Aid Office webpages.
- Chabot College - http://www.chabotcollege.edu/finaid/
- Las Positas College - http://laspositascollege.edu/financialaid/
Again, we are committed to our students and employees feeling safe and protected on our campuses and we will do everything possible to provide a safe place for all of our students to study, learn, and thrive.
Ronald P. Gerhard