Dreamers @ LPC
Welcome to the Las Positas College Undocumented, DACA and AB 540 Students’ Resources site.
We developed this site to provide resources and support for Dreamers @ LPC. On December 5, 2017 the Chabot-Las Positas Community College District Board of Trustees approved the Las Positas College Joint Resolution that designated LPC a “sanctuary campus.” The administrators, faculty, and staff firmly believe that all students belong at LPC and should be supported in their educational pursuits.
JUNE 28, 2019
Today, the U.S. Supreme Court announced that it will hear the case on DACA to determine the future of the program. A decision in the case will come sometime January-June 2020.
We remain encouraged by the victories in three lower courts and hope that the Supreme Court will also decide to protect the DACA program.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
Nothing has changed. The DACA program remains in place and people can continue to renew. Please speak with an immigration legal service provider about renewing your DACA if it will expire in 2020.
Unfortunately, those who have never had DACA still cannot apply to the program.
I HAVE DACA. WHAT ELSE CAN I DO?
Get an immigration screening. Use Immigrants Rising’s Immigration Legal Intake Service to see if you may be eligible for a permanent immigration option.
Take care of yourself and reach out for support. Take a break from social media and reach out to those in your support system to share how you’re feeling. If you or someone you know is in crisis and needs immediate help, text HOME to 741741 or call 1-800-273-8255. Both services are free and available 24/7.
WHAT CAN ALLIES DO?
Donate to a DACA renewal fund. The cost to renew DACA is $495. Donate to help ensure people don’t miss out on the opportunity to renew. You can donate at www.DACARenewalFund.com or FWD’s GoFundMe Hub.
Check-in on DACA recipients and other immigrants.These communities need to know we have their backs.
We know this is a lot to take in. We want you to know that Immigrants Rising is committed to fighting alongside you and other undocumented young people.
Please visit https://immigrantsrising.org/daca-updates/ for more information!
Official Statements of Support
Chabot-Las Positas Community College District
- Letter from Interim President (pdf)
- CLPCCD Chancellor’s statement (pdf)
- Joint Resolution on Las Positas College as a Sanctuary Campus (pdf)
- Chabot-Las Positas Community College - Commitment to Undocumented Students
California Community College Chancellor’s Office
- Chancellor Eloy Ortiz Oakley’s Statement about Action to End DACA (pdf)
- Chancellor Eloy Ortiz Oakley’s Letter to the Field about CCC Response to End of DACA (pdf)
- Chancellor Eloy Ortiz Oakley Announces DACA Advocacy Week, October 16 - 18 (pdf)
- California Community Colleges Board of Governors Calls on Congress to Preserve DACA (pdf)
- CCC/UC/CSU Statement on Preserving DACA (pdf)