- Financial Aid Home
- 2022-2023 Pell Grant Chart
- Important FA Policies to Know (PDF)
- AB 19 Promise Scholarship
- All Types of Financial Aid
- Apply for Financial Aid
- BankMobile Disbursements
- California Dream Act and AB 540
- Covid Emergency Grants
- CCPG Fee Waiver
- Cost of Attendance
- Dates and Deadlines
- FA Forms and Petitions
- EFC Appeal/Special Circumstances Petition
- FAFSA Eligibility Requirements
- FA Payment Dates
- Federal Direct Loans
- Federal Work-Study Jobs
- Foster Youth Resources
- Glossary and Financial Literacy
- Net Price Calculator
- Policies & Procedures
- Resources for LPC Students
- Sample Award Notification
- Tax Information (1098-T)
- Verify My Application
- Financial Aid for Veterans
NEW! $525 CALIFORNIA COVID EMERGENCY GRANTS for FALL 2022
2022 State Fiscal Recovery Funds Emergency Financial Assistance Grants are available for LPC students who are California residents or AB540-eligible, to provide emergency financial aid for low-income students due to Covid. We will begin awarding $525 grants in December 2022 to qualified students until funds are expended.
DETAILS ABOUT THE CALIFORNIA EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE GRANTS:
● The 2022-2023 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Application (CADAA) is your application for the grant (the 2023-2024 FAFSA/CADAA is the wrong year). IF you haven’t applied yet, it is not too late. We will continue to provide funds until they are fully expended, but don’t wait or the funds may be gone! Students are encouraged to also apply for 2023-2024 after filing for 2022-2023, to apply for aid for next year.
● LPC must be your official college of record and your 2022-2023 FAFSA or CADAA must be submitted for Las Positas College. If your official college or your Financial Aid Application is Chabot College we cannot process your grant nor any financial aid funds unless both your college and your financial aid application college match.
● Your 2022-2023 FAFSA or CADAA must indicate an ‘Expected Family Contribution’ or it is invalid.
● Concurrently-enrolled high school students are not eligible.
● You must be enrolled in 6 or more units at the time the funds are disbursed.
● FAFSA filers must be citizens or eligible noncitizens in a legal immigration status as determined by your FAFSA results or documentation.
● You must be eligible for the CCPG Fee Waiver and must have at least $500 in unmet financial need to qualify.
● CADAA filers must apply for and be approved for AB-540 status through Admissions to qualify. http://www.laspositascollege.edu/admissions/assets/docs/2022ab540intersegaffidavit.pdf
Payment for FAFSA filers is provided through BankMobile; all recipients must select a refund delivery method to receive their funds. Contact our financial aid office if you need assistance with setting up your bankmobile refund.
AB540 students who file a CADAA will be mailed a check directly from the district business office. Please ensure your current college mailing address is accurate through admissions to ensure delivery.
ATTENTION! Did your (or your family’s) income drop significantly in 2021 or 2022 due to covid or other reasons? If so consider filing a Special Circumstance/EFC Appeal AFTER we receive your initial FAFSA results, or speak to a financial aid advisor. This allows us to reduce your FAFSA income so that you may qualify for financial aid, or for additional aid, based on your more recent financial situation instead of relying on 2020 information which is used for your FAFSA/CADAA.
For assistance with your application or questions please contact the Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org, email us at email@example.com, phone (925) 424-1580, or visit our office on the second floor of Building 1600.
Federal Cares Act Emergency Grants and Covid Resources
Free Money for all students enrolled in 3 or more units!
FEDERAL HEERF III/CARES ACT EMERGENCY GRANTS
LPC has less than $300,000 HEERF III/CARES EMERGENCY FUNDS remaining to spend.
Funds are currently being utilized to pay off student’s accounts with outstanding
debts of $100 or more owed to the college which were incurred between Spring 2020
(when the covid emergency first began) and summer 2022. Students must apply for LPC
debt relief through an online application, and must not have received a prior account
payoff to qualify. Students may inquire at the Financial Aid Office.
Later in spring term 2023, remaining CARES funds will be provided as grants. Criteria will be determined at that time, but funds will be very limited.
For assistance with your application or questions please contact the Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org, visit our office on the second floor of Building 1600, or contact us through Cranium Café during posted hours (http://www.laspositascollege.edu/financialaid/cranium-cafe.php)
Resources for Students and Families
Need help with unpaid rent or utilities?
The CA COVID-19 Rent Relief program provides financial assistance for rent and utilities to income-eligible California renters and their landlords who have been impacted by COVID-19. Click Apply Now to determine which program is right for you. CA COVID-19 Rent Relief Call Center at 833-430-2122
Your immigration status does not matter.
LPC Covid-19 Resources page: http://laspositascollege.edu/spring2021/covid.php
Health Center Covid-19 Testing and Vaccination Information: http://www.laspositascollege.edu/healthcenter/covid.php
For families who are interested in getting the COVID 19 vaccine (Pfizer) for their
12-15 year old children, you can now schedule an appointment at: http://www.myturn.ca.gov
List of resources for students who have lost their jobs, have no insurance, etc. PDF
Emergency Broadband Benefit Program Rollout - PDF
If you are a Pell grant recipient, check your email from the U.S. Department of Education for details about your eligibility and how to enroll.
Financial Aid Office
Las Positas College
3000 Campus Hill Drive
Building 1600, Room 1650
Livermore, CA 94551
Fax: (925) 449-6038
Cranium Café - Speak to an advisor Online
Tuesday 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Please Note: We have an after-hours DROPBOX located in the hallway between the Admissions and Financial Aid Offices, for your convenience.
Federal School Code
- Financial Aid in Six Steps Flyer
- Important Dates & Deadlines
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Financial Aid Office Staff
- FAFSA- FREE Application for Federal Student Aid
- FSA Phone: 1-800-433-3243
- FSA ID Assistance: 1-800-557-7394