Fire Service Technology
LPC- Regional Firefighter Academy
The goal of the Las Positas College Regional Fire Academy is to give you the tools, training and education you’ll need to be hired as a certified firefighter by a professional fire service agency.
Our Firefighter 1 Academy is offered through partnerships with the Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department utilizing personnel from Fire Agencies throughout Alameda County. Las Positas College Fire Academy is recognized by the California State Fire Marshall and the State Board of Fire Services as an Accredited Regional Training Program.
LPC College Regional Fire Academy is authorized by CSFM to deliver Fire Fighter I certification examinations in support of CSFM’s accreditation by the International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) and the National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualifications (Pro Board).
What would I do in the Fire Academy? Click below for our facebook page LPC-Regional
Fire Academy !
Questions, please contact the Fire Program Coordinator/ Ret. OFD Firefighter-Paramedic German Sierra @ email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. When is the Fire Academy held?
At this time our Fire Academy is held in the Spring only . The Fire Academy meets 4 times per week , Tuesdays and Thursdays nights and Saturdays and Sundays all day.
- First step register as a College Student at LPC
- Returning students please check your registration dates on class web or via email.
2. What are the Pre-requisites to join:
The pre-requisites for the LPC Regional Fire Academy are as followed:
- FST 1 Fire Protection Organization (If you have taken this class at another college this is acceptable, please see Admissions and records for specifics)
- EMS 30 ( EMR course) or EMS 20 (EMT course). Having an EMT License or a Paramedic License meet these prerequisites as well.
- FSC1 Fire Service Physical Conditioning Class. Having a valid, unexpired CPAT Candidate Physical Ability card or a Biddle Physical Agility card also meet these prerequisites.
** If you are a student transferring from another college or district and think you meet these prerequisites please email the Fire Academy Director **
3. How much does the FIRE Academy Cost?
The direct cost for the Fire Academy, including tuition, lab fees, certificates fees and PPE rental etc is estimated between $2700-$3571 dollars; this is subject to change without notice. We strongly encourage ALL students to apply for financial aid to determine eligibility for funds available to help cover the cost of attendance. Please be advised that a month before the start of the Fire Academy during our Orientation, vendors will collect around $1500-$1700 dollars to secure your Personal Protective Equipment, to perform your lung capacity function tests and to pay for all of your uniforms. Be proactive and please plan ahead.