Fire Service Technology
- Fire Service Technology Home
- Fire Service Technology A.S. Degree
- Fire Officer Leadership and Management A.S. Degree
- LPC Regional Firefighter Academy
- State Fire Training Classes
- Accelerated Bachelors Degree for Firefighters
- Fire Service Technology Certificate
- Company Officer Certificate of Achievement
- Fire Academy - Fire Suppression Certificate
- Fire Prevention Certificate
- Industry Credentials
- LPC Internship & Job Board
- Advisory Board
LPC- Regional Firefighter Academy
The goal of the Las Positas College Regional Fire Academy is to give you the tools, training and education you’ll need to be hired as a certified firefighter by a professional fire service agency.
Our Firefighter 1 Academy is offered through partnerships with the Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department utilizing personnel from Fire Agencies throughout Alameda County. Las Positas College Fire Academy is recognized by the California State Fire Marshall and the State Board of Fire Services as an Accredited Regional Training Program.
LPC College Regional Fire Academy is authorized by CSFM to deliver Fire Fighter I certification examinations in support of CSFM’s accreditation by the International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) and the National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualifications (Pro Board).
What would I do in the Fire Academy? Click below for our facebook page LPC-Regional
Fire Academy !
Questions, please contact the Fire Program Coordinator/ Ret. OFD Firefighter-Paramedic German Sierra @ email@example.com or by Phone at 925-424-1186. Email Contact is best and will receive a response within 24-72 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. When is the Fire Academy held?
Our Next Fire Academy is schedule for Spring 2022 semester. The Fire Academy meets on Tuesdays , Thursdays evenings and Saturdays and Sundays all day, plus some Fridays .
**Schedule subject to change to accomodate Training Days**
- First step register as a College Student at LPC
- Returning students, please check your registration dates on class web or via email.
2. What are the Pre-requisites to join:
The pre-requisites for the LPC Regional Fire Academy are as followed:
- FST 1 Fire Protection Organization. This is the introductory class to Fire Service Technology, and can also be referred to as Introduction to Fire and Emergency Services in other colleges. Please email/talk to the FST program coordinator for more information.
- EMS 30 ( EMR course) or EMS 20 (EMT course). Having an EMT License or a Paramedic License meet these prerequisites. You must petition for a course prerequisite challenge form in order to be able to register for our Fire Academy. This is applies to students who have not taken EMS 30 or EMS 20 at LPC.
- FST 7 (the old FSC1 class) Fire Service Physical Conditioning Class. Having a valid, unexpired CPAT Candidate Physical Ability card or a Biddle Physical Agility card also meet these prerequisites. You must petition for a course prerequisite challenge form in order to register for our Fire Academy, this is for NON-LPC students who have not taken our FST7 (FSC1) course.
** If you are a student transferring from another College or College district and think you meet these prerequisites, please email the Fire Program Coordinator / Fire Academy Director **
3. How much does the FIRE Academy cost?
The direct cost for the Fire Academy, including tuition, lab fees, certificates fees and PPE rental etc, is estimated between $2900-$3700 dollars; this is subject to change without notice. We strongly encourage ALL students to apply for financial aid to determine eligibility for funds available to help cover the cost of attendance. Please use the link below to apply for financial aid. Mandatory PRE FIRE Academy Orientation in December , details via email to Cadets Accepted.
- Financial Aid application
- Tuition $46 dollars per unit / 19 units $874
- Electronic Resources/Books/ Manuals approximate cost $500
- Class B Uniforms and PT Uniforms $300-$500
- PPE /SCBA/Wildland Rental/Lung Capacity testing etc $1400
- State Fire Training Firefighter 1 and 2 Certification Test $100-$200
- State Fire Training Certificates and CSTI certifications $400-$650 Mandatory Orientation a month BEFORE Fire Academy start date. Vendors will be collecting fees for services above during this orientation. Please be proactive and plan ahead. There are several industry certificates provided in this course , see SFT and CSTI certificates above.