Student Health & Wellness Services
- Student Health & Wellness Services Home
- About Us
- Medical Services
- Behavioral Health Services
- Wellness Services
- Exercise is Medicine (EIM)
- Sexual Assault Resources
Las Positas College Behavioral Health Services
Behavioral Health Services offer short term (8 sessions max) personal counseling to provide a confidential, safe place where you can focus on your concerns and we can help you deal with whatever's getting in the way of living your life in the most fulfilling way.
Some people mistakenly assume there must be something "wrong" with them in order to seek counseling. Talking with a personal counselor does not mean that you have serious psychological problems – it just means that you would like to talk to someone (besides your friend, partner, or parents) about what's going on in your life.
Examples of Issues
Students bring a broad range of issues they would like to work on, including:
- Relationship conflicts (with partner, parents, instructor, boss, or roommates)
- Loss (various types)
- Romantic breakups or disappointments
- Problems with studying, including time management and procrastination
- Feeling bad about oneself / low self-esteem
- Depression or anxiety
- Women's or men's issues
- Survival struggles
- Cultural and ethnic identity
- Foreign student, acculturation concerns
- Body image or problems with food
- Questions about alcohol and other substances
- Gay, Lesbian, bisexual, or transgender issues
- Various adjustment issues
Cost & Eligibility
There is no fee for any student currently enrolled in a credit class. However, you must call to cancel any appointment you are not able to make – no-shows count against your total visits, and can result in denial of services.
- Assessment of current situation may include counseling or referrals to community services for longer-term work.
- Short-term individual counseling (8 sessions max)
- Support groups/workshops
Staff / Faculty
For more information please contact:
This office follows the academic calendar.
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday:
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
11:00 am - 7:00 pm
9:00 am - 1:00 pm