Student Health & Wellness Services
The Student Health & Wellness Center is proud to offer the following health services to students. Health services are provided free of charge while others are offered at a discounted rate. A limited number of health services are available to college employees. All persons are encouraged to visit each of the webpages noted under this heading to learn more about our health services.
Student Health Fee
$21 Fall and Spring
A mandatory Student Health fee of $21 for Fall and Spring, and $18 for Summer will be assessed for all students each semester or session. This fee is used to support health services for enrolled students. In accordance with State Assembly Bill 982 and Section 76355 of the State Education Code, exemptions are only granted for the following: Students who depend exclusively upon prayer for healing in accordance with the teachings of a bona fide religious sect, denomination, or organization; and students who are attending Las Positas College under an approved apprenticeship training program. Written documentation must be provided to the Dean of Enrollment Services (Admissions & Records), Bldg. 1600, Rm. 1670.
- No charge while supplies available for currently enrolled students, faculty, and staff.
- MMR - $64.00 x 2
- Varicella - $116.00 x2
- Tdap (Tetanus) - $35.00
- Hepatitis A - $60.00 x2
- Hepatitis B - $45.00 x 3
- TB Skin Test - no charge
- QFGT $58.00 - TB screening blood test for students (evaluated by Nurse practitioner)
- Nurse practitioner assessment, evaluation, treatment and prescriptions for minor illnesses and minor injury
- FREE Physical Exams and Well Checks
- NO DMV or Sports Physicals
- Low cost diagnostic laboratory testing and screenings
- Emergency triage and referrals for complex and emergency medical conditions
- FREE Over the counter medications, band-aids, ice pack, and condoms
Women's Health Services
- Clinical breast exams
- Birth Control - Condoms available free at front desk *limit 2 per day*
- Pregnancy testing
- STI testing and counseling *lab fees apply*
- FPACT referrals to Axis Woman's Health Services
- Lactation Room available in Health Center (1701) during hours of operation
Personal Counseling Drop-In Hours
Drop in hours at Health Center from 9-11 am every Wednesday in the Student Health and Wellness Center for personal one-on-one counseling.
Interested in Personal Counseling?
Call the Student Health Center at 925-424-1830, email firstname.lastname@example.org or stop the Student Health Wellness Center.
Student Health & Wellness Center
The Health Center follows the Las Positas College academic calendar.
Nurse Practitioner/Center Coordinator
Patricia “Tricia” Gonsman, MSN FNP-C
Certified Medical Assistant