REQUIREMENTS FOR THE HONORS PROGRAM
ALL STUDENTS DOING HONORS WORK, EITHER BY CONTRACT OR IN COURSES, MUST BE IN THE HONORS PROGRAM.
If you are a new student entering LPC from high school:
- You need a 3.75 or higher cumulative GPA. Click on "Forms" to the left, fill out the application, and attach a copy of your high-school transcript. Bring it to Dr. Klaschus in 2174; you and she need to meet can meet before you can begin the program. Do not put the application in her campus mailbox in Building 1700.
If you are a continuing student at LPC:
- You need to have completed at least twelve units at LPC
- Your GPA must be 3.5 or higher
- You must be eligible for English 1A
- Continuing students do NOT need to submit a high school transcript
If you meet the above criteria, please apply for the Honors Transfer Program. Click on "Forms" to the left. Bring it to Dr. Klaschus; you and she need to meet before you can begin the prgoram. Do not put the application in her campus mailbox in Building 1700.
Note: Occasionally we will allow students who do not meet all of these exact requirements to enter the program. See Dr.Klaschus in 2174 for assistance.
Honors Transfer Program Mission Statement
The Las Positas Honors Pogram is designed to prepare highly-motivated students for transfer to four-year colleges and universities and to build the intellectual and social skills needed for their success. The program provides opportunities for activities and experiences designed specifically to encourage independent and creative learning. Highly-motivated students have the opportunity to work closely with outstanding faculty and other honors students in doing a wide variety of research projects and other activities. With the help of the honors faculty, students receive special guidance in the selection of and application process for four-year institutions, including writing application essays and preparing for personal interviews.