REQUIREMENTS FOR THE HONORS PROGRAM
If you are a new student entering LPC from high school:
- You need a 3.75 or higher cumulative GPA. Fill out the application (click on "Forms" to the left) and attach a copy of your high-school transcript
If you are a continuing student at LPC:
- You need to have completed at least twelve units at LPC
- Your GPA must be 3.5 or higher
- You must be eligible for English 1A
- Continuing students do NOT need to submit a high school transcript
If you meet the above criteria, please apply for the Honors Transfer Program.
Note: Occasionally we will allow students who do not exactly meet all of these requirements to enter the program. See Dr.Klaschus in 2174 for assistance.
The Las Positas Honors Pogram is designed to prepare highly-motivated students for transfer to four-year colleges and universities and to build the intellectual and social skills needed for their success. The program provides opportunities for activities and experiences designed specifically to encourage independent and creative learning and gives highly-motivated students the opportunity to work closely with outstanding faculty and other skilled and motivated students in doing a wide variety of research projects and other activities. With the help of the honors faculty, students receive special guidance in the school selection and application process, including writing application essays and preparing for personal interviews.