The Las Positas Honors Pogram is designed to prepare highly-motivated students for transfer to four-year colleges and universities and to build the intellectual and social skills needed for their success. The program provides opportunities for activities and experiences designed specifically to encourage independent and creative learning. Highly-motivated students have the opportunity to work closely with outstanding faculty and other honors students in doing a wide variety of research projects and other activities.
Benefits and opportunities you will have as an Honors student include:
- An "Honors" transcript designation for each course in which you complete an honors project or fulfull the requirements of the embedded-honors syllabus for the course
- The opportunity to do exciting and challenging coursework geared toward those who wish to achieve beyond what is normally required for lower-division classes
- The opportunity to work one-on-one with faculty as you engage in your honors projects
- The opportunity to participate in the statewide community college honors research symposium held at either Stanford University or UC Berkeley each spring
- Personalized counseling and preparation for transfer
- The opportunity to collaborate with other honors students
- Special honors recognition at graduation for completion of at least six honors activities
- Upon completion of at least six honors activities, access to transfer agreements with a number of universities
Follow the links to the left for more information about eligibility requirements, honors activites, procedures and forms.