- Instructional Transition Home
- Questions Related to Instructional Faculty & Staff
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Students
- LPC Campus Resources for Students
- Supporting Students with WiFi/Tech
- OEI - How to keep teaching during an emergency
- OEI - Canvas Basics for Instructional Continuity
- OEI - Resource Videos for Faculty Learning shared by CCCs
- Emergency Blanket Distance Education Addendum
LPC Campus Resources for Students
We have attempted to collect all of the possible help you might need on this resource page. This includes not only technical help, but also academic, and other help with issues of concern to students.
Computer Center - Online
The college’s Computer Center is an excellent resource for students to get help with assignments or technology questions. This is an online open Computer lab with Instructional Assistants on duty during business hours to answer your questions. Business hours are Monday-Thursday, 8:00 AM-8:00 PM, and Friday 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM. Go to Computer Center site
Online Learning Web Site
This site contains important information for LPC online students, including links to FAQs and the college's Privacy Statement. Go to the Online Learning Home Page.
Canvas Technical Support
If you need technical support with Canvas, call their toll-free support, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, through June 30th.
Students Canvas Support Number: 1-844-600-4956.
Click the NetTutor link in the course menu to connect with a live tutor. You can also submit papers for NetTutor to review and give feedback. NetTutor is free to LPC students. The Online Tutoring page on the LPC Online Learning web site provides information and tutorials on how to use NetTutor. Go to the Online Tutoring page.
LPC offers a host of services intended to support you and help you reach your educational goals. The college's Student Services site links to all of these Programs & Services, including: Admissions & Records, Assessment Center, CalWORKs, CARE, Career & Employment Center, Commencement, Community Education, Counseling, Disability Resource Center, Engineering Tech, EOPS, Financial Aid, Hispanic Serving Institution Grant, International Students Program, Orientation, Outreach, Puente Project, Student Discipline, Student Equity Program, Student Grievance, Student Health & Wellness Center, Student Life, Student Success & Support, Title IX, Transfer Center, Umoja, Veteran’s First, and the Welcome Center. Go to the Student Services site.
Student Health Center
The Student Health Center is not currently open, however, there are many resources available to you for medical or counseling needs. To see these services, Go to the Student Health Center site
LPC is utilizing an online counseling service called Cranium Cafe on a limited basis. If you received information from the LPC Counseling Department, you are eligible to use this service. Otherwise, you can receive counseling via email. To use the email service, Go to the Online Counseling page.
Disabled Students Programs and Services (DSPS)
At LPC, students with physical, communication, learning, and psychological disabilities receive help to increase their access to classes, campus facilities, and all educational services. This help is provided through the Disability Resource Center (DRC). Go to the DRC web site.
The library site has lots of resources to help with any research needs. In particular, there are databases that are available to you whether you are on campus or not. If you want to chat live with a librarian, there is a handy Ask a Librarian feature. Go to the library site.
Citation, Plagiarism, and Academic Integrity
- The English department has a great presentation that explains plagiarism here.
- The Reading and Writing center and the Library offer useful information on how to learn to properly cite source material. Go to the RAW center's citation information page.
- Turnitin is an anti-plagiarism service integrated into Canvas that checks student papers against public web sites, academic databases, and previously submitted student papers to Turnitin. View Turnitin's user guide for students.
- Proctorio is a remote proctoring tool integrated into Canvas quizzes that helps maintain the academic integrity of online exams. View LPC student information about Proctorio.
Reading & Writing (RAW) Center
Online reading and writing assignment help from live tutors. For more information and to see the tutoring schedule Go to the RAW Center site
LPC offers a number of support services for students enrolled in mathematics classes. For more information on these resources, Go to the Math Help page
Cengage MindTap Technical Support
Pearson MyLab Technical Support
Go to the support page for publisher Pearson. Pearson products include MyLab and Mastering materials.
California Community Colleges State Chancellor’s Office - Student Resources
The State Chancellor's Office is committed to providing resources to support individual community colleges and their students who are now working in a whole new way - online only. Some common questions are answered at the link below. Keep checking the site as it is updated daily. Go to the State Chancellor’s Office Student Resource Page