Current News and Events
- LLNL/LPC Science and Engineering Seminar Series Theory to Practice: How
Science is Done. Save the dates! The 2014-2015 5th
Annual Lecture Series
will be held on: Tues, Oct 7, 2014, Wed, Nov 5, 2014, Mon, March 2, 2015,
Thur, April 9, 2015. All seminars are 6-7:15 pm in Room 2420.
- LIBRARY NEWS - The Library has temporarily moved to Building 700.
- See the Campus Map for Bldg. 700 location near Parking Lot B.
- The Reading and Writing (RAW) Center has online resources that students will find helpful right away, including lessons about grammar, organization, and reading strategies! Face-to-face and online services begin February 18th (due to budget constraints). Visit our webpage in the meantime and get the help you need now!
- Many college transfer visits are planned for Fall Term!- Please check the Transfer Center website.
- What is Salary Surfer? As students and their families make important decisions about investing their time and money in pursuing a college education, the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office is making available for the first time comparative information about the earnings of recent graduates who received an award in a specific program area at California community colleges.
- Honors Program information here! Get new, high-leve experience with your projects and presentations.
- Registration for Attending or Teaching Community Education Classes (fee-based classes, not for collge credit) is held several times a year. Visit http://laspositas.augusoft.net/ to register for language, photography, and even an introduction to Ghost Hunting in the new year!
- Sometimes we all need someone to talk to ... The Helping Hands Program staff and faculty are here for you.
- Athletics Home Schedules - Athletics page here.
- If you do not have healthcare... For information on affordable health care go to https://www.coveredca.com, the official Covered California website. The next open enrollment period begins November 1, 2014.
- Si usted no tiene seguro médico o paga mucho dinero. Aqui lo pueden ayudar. La información sobre Ley del Cuidado de Salud ir a https://www.coveredca.com/espanol (el sitio oficial “Covered California” ).
- Learning Communities - Perfect for Students looking to attend full-time! See the Learning Communities webpage.
- Interactive Rock Garden! Come to Rock Teaching garden between Buildings 1800 and 1850. You can use your phone's scanner to access the QR code and learn more about the amazing rocks.
- See the Performing Arts announcements Here!
- Library Displays of Interest: http://www.laspositascollege.edu/library/index.php .
TO POST A NEWS & EVENTS ITEM, please use this form.