Current News and Events
- The Student Health Center's Flu Vaccination Clinic begins October 28th! Walk-ins are welcome! The Injected Flu Vaccine is Free for Students, $25- staff and faculty. Please help us spread the word to keep our community flu free, as you know, PREVENTION is key !
- LLNL/LPC Science and Engineering Seminar Series Theory to Practice: How
Science is Done. Save the dates! The 2014-15 Fifth
Annual Lecture Series
will be held on: Wed, Nov 5, 2014 (flyer here!); Mon, March 2, 2015;
and Thur, April 9, 2015. All seminars are from 6:00 - 7:15 pm in Room 2420.
- Coat Drive! Alpha Gamma Sigma's annual coat, sweater, sweatshirt, jacket drive is ongoing from now until October 31st! Collection barrells are in the Lobby of Bldg. 1600, Room 601/ILC, and near Room 2401/Tutorial Center. The Goal is to top last year's collection of 400 items!
- "We Can" Art Exhibit, October 1 - 30. Exhibits, sale of art, and collection of donated canned goods is the focus of the Art Department this Fall. See the flyer for all the yummy details!
- Find out about all your health care options at the Student Health Center, Bldg. 1700. Their goals include letting you know how to get covered and providing basic health care on campus. See the Health & Wellness page for the info!
- See the Performing Arts Page for all performances and events -- Some are no cost, and all are entertaining.
- November 14 -23 The Comedy of Errors Fri/Sat at 8:00pm & Sun at 2:00pm in the Main Stage Theater Tickets
- November 30 Chamber Choir Messiah Concert 2:00pm at the Bankhead Theater (with the Pacific Chamber Symphony and Chorus) Tickets
- December 3 Music Department Recital 12:30pm in the Main Stage Theater
- December 6 Dance Department Fall Production 8:00pm in the Main Stage Theater Tickets
- December 7 Chamber Choir, Orchestra, Wind Ensemble 3:00pm in the Main Stage Theater Tickets
- December 11 Stories and Speeches 7:00pm in the Main Stage Theater
- December 12 Winter Jazz Night – feat. Mimi Fox (Guitar) 8:00pm in the Main Stage Theater Tickets
- December 16, 17, 18 Auditions and Call backs for CABARET 6:30pm in the Black Box Theater
- LIBRARY NEWS - The Library has temporarily moved to Building 700.
- See the Campus Map for Bldg. 700 location near Parking Lot B.
- The Reading and Writing (RAW) Center has online resources that students will find helpful right away, including lessons about grammar, organization, and reading strategies! Face-to-face and online services begin February 18th (due to budget constraints). Visit our webpage in the meantime and get the help you need now!
- Many college transfer visits are planned for Fall Term!- Please check the Transfer Center website.
- What is Salary Surfer? As students and their families make important decisions about investing their time and money in pursuing a college education, the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office is making available for the first time comparative information about the earnings of recent graduates who received an award in a specific program area at California community colleges.
- Honors Program information here! Get new, high-level experience with your projects and presentations.
- Registration for Attending or Teaching Community Education Classes (fee-based classes, not for collge credit) is held several times a year. Visit http://laspositas.augusoft.net/ to register for language, photography, and even an introduction to Ghost Hunting in the new year!
- Sometimes we all need someone to talk to ... The Helping Hands Program staff and faculty are here for you.
- Athletics Home Schedules - Athletics page here.
- If you do not have healthcare... For information on affordable health care go to https://www.coveredca.com, the official Covered California website. The next open enrollment period begins November 1, 2014.
- Si usted no tiene seguro médico o paga mucho dinero. Aqui lo pueden ayudar. La información sobre Ley del Cuidado de Salud ir a https://www.coveredca.com/espanol (el sitio oficial “Covered California” ).
- Learning Communities - Perfect for Students looking to attend full-time! See the Learning Communities webpage.
- Interactive Rock Garden! Come to Rock Teaching garden between Buildings 1800 and 1850. You can use your phone's scanner to access the QR code and learn more about the amazing rocks.
- See the Performing Arts announcements Here!
- Library Displays of Interest: http://www.laspositascollege.edu/library/index.php .
TO POST A NEWS & EVENTS ITEM, please use this form.