Instructional Technology Student Support
Students will not be able to access their classes in Blackboard until the first day of classes.
Other Student Support Links:
Summer 2015 support hours
June 14-Aug. 6
8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday
Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, holidays
(Please read the Support Knowledgebase on days when no live help is available.)
Hours are subject to change. Messages left on weekends or holidays will be answered the following business day.
There are four ways to contact LPC Instructional Technology Student Support:
- Fill out and submit the online form
- Call (925) 424-1142
- Email LPCdistEd@laspositascollege.edu
- Come to Room 803 on campus
Feel free to contact the support desk if you:
- are having problems logging into your course (be sure you have read the login procedure first),
- can't get a technical function inside your online course to work (i.e. submitting an assignment),
- want general information about Distance Education, including online learning, at LPC that's not already on the web site.
Please contact your instructor if you:
- need to explain why an assignment didn't get done,
- want to know your grades,
- want to add a class after the registration deadline.
If you forgot your password, click here to fill out an online form that will reset your password. Be aware that if you are using the Email Address Option on that page, you have to type your first and last name in with all uppercase letters on the Lost Password page because that's how they appear in Blackboard.
For problems related to your computer, please do NOT contact LPC Instructional Technology Student Support. These problems include:
- hardware problems on your computer (i.e. non-functioning modems, scanners, etc.). Consult your computer's user guide, or call the manufacturer for support.
- software problems on your computer (i.e. Windows or Word isn't working properly). Consult the software user's guide, or call the company that makes the software.
- problems connecting to the Internet. Contact your Internet Service Provider for help.
Notes about Blackboard
- If you had a Blackboard account from the previous semester (at either LPC or Chabot College), your login information and email address remain.
- Login and password information can be found on the "Blackboard Login Procedures" page.
- You will not be able to log into your course until the first day of class. If you log into Blackboard prior to the first day of classes and see "You are not currently enrolled in any courses", this means that your instructor has not made the course available yet.
- Read the Knowledgebase.
- Read the Blackboard exam-taking tips.
- Once in Blackboard, click the Help button at the top.
- The Blackboard Student Manual can help with questions about the Blackboard software.
If there is a known problem with the Blackboard or any LPC-related server, such as one being down, you should go to the LPC Online Learning home page to check to see when the server will be back up and functioning. Keep an open mind about technology. As you're probably aware, technology doesn't work 100 percent of the time.
If the technology from the LPC end isn't functioning properly, please be patient. LPC has people who will take care of whatever problems arise. Also, if there is a problem and your instructor can verify it, the instructor will make accommodations for you. Please don't panic.