Student Learning Outcomes
- Student Learning Outcomes Home
- Handbooks and Frequently Asked Questions about SLOs
- 3-Year Assessment Cycle - explained
- SLO/SAO Planning Templates
- Completed 3-Year Assessment Plans by Division
- eLumen Login
- eLumen Info & Instructions
- Current SLO Listings
- Institutional Student Learning Outcomes
- Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Course Student Learning Outcomes
- SLOs for Students
- SLO Committee
- Completed Tasks
3-year Planning Templates
How do I complete the 3-Year Assessment Planning Template?
- Open and download the appropriate template. Make sure to save the template to your computer by using your department or service area in the title.
- Directly in the template, insert the name of your department or student service area.
- If your department offers a degree or certificate, follow these instructions, if not skip to #4. For student services, skip to #5.
- Insert the name of the degree or certificate name in the box labeled "Degree."
- With your department, discuss which PSLO(s) you would like to focus on over the 3-year timeline. You may choose to focus on just one or all of them, using the top row to record your reasoning.
- Insert an abbreviated name of the PSLO(s) in the year and semester that you plan on gathering assessment data. The number of semesters that you choose to collect data is up to your department.
- Identify the courses and specific CSLO mapped to the selected PSLO. Collect assessment data for each CSLO in the same semester so that you will have complete data set for the PSLO.
Repeat steps a-d for every degree and certificate offered by your department. Note: Only one template is needed if a degree and certificate have the same courses and same PSLOs. Please indicate the name of the degree and certificate in the degree box.
- For every other course not mapped to a PSLO (e.g., non-major courses), use the template labeled "Non-Major Courses." List ALL non-major courses here. With your department, develop a plan to assess at least one CSLO for each course over the 3-year timeline. Insert your reasoning in the top row where indicated.
- Student services follow these instructions. Insert an abbreviated name for every SAO in column one. Within your area, develop a plan to assess at least one SAO over the 3-year timeline. Insert your reasoning in the top row where indicated.
- Save and email the completed template to all departmental faculty members, your dean, and the SLO chair, Ann Hight (email@example.com). All templates will be posted online.
- Assess your courses according to the department's 3-year plan and post the results directly into eLumen.
- Should the plan change due to course cancellations, course additions, etc., the department must update its 3-year planning template. Send the updated template directly to Ann Hight (firstname.lastname@example.org) for posting.