Tri-Valley Educational Collaborative
Welcome to the Tri-Valley Educational Collaborative
The Mission of the Tri-Valley Educational Collaborative is to Ensure that All Students Learn and Apply the Academic, Thinking, Interpersonal Skills, and Personal Qualities to be Successful in their Life’s Work.
What is TEC?
TEC is a collaborative effort that has prepared students for college and careers since 1991. TEC is a collaborative forum that evaluates and plans Career Technical Education articulation strategies through a regional effort among the following education jurisdictional governing boards: Dublin Unified School District; Livermore Valley Joint Unified School District; Pleasanton Unified School District; Tri-Valley Regional Occupational Program; and, Chabot-Las Positas Community College District, Las Positas College. The business and industry representative is Lawrence Livermore National Security.
Who are the TEC Stakeholders?
- California State University, East Bay
- Community College and Secondary School Districts
- Employer Associations
- Tri-Valley Business Council
- Regional Chambers of Commerce
- Labor/Apprenticeship Organizations
- Government Legislators
- Partners in Education Foundations
- Parent and Student Representatives
- Career Center and Tri-Valley Career Center Representatives
- Junior Achievement
Goals for 2017-2018
- Critical Thinking
- Las Positas College Work-Based Learning Initiative by Anne Kennedy, Jill MacLean, Jean O-Neil-Opipari, and Caryl Shill, Las Positas College
- Contextualized Learning for the 21st Century by David Stern of College and Career Academy Support Network, University of California, Berkeley
- Developing High-Quality Career Pathways by Robert Curtis of ConnectEd
- Who are Las Positas College Students by Rijander Samra of Las Positas College Research and Planning
- Leadership at All Levels by April Treece of STEM Workforce Initiative
- TEC Year End Presentation