Upcoming Transfer Events - Spring 2017
Career and Transfer Workshop Series
You're invited to attend a series of workshops to give you information and strategies for career and transfer success! These workshops will be led by LPC counselors and faculty and will give you an opportunity to learn from experienced professionals. You can attend one or any number of workshops that interest you. Some faculty on campus will even give you extra credit in your class for attending these workshops! If you’re unsure about earning extra credit, ask your instructor for this opportunity.
All workshops are held in the Transfer Center on Mondays from 4:00-4:50 and Thursdays from 10:00-10:50. See below or our flyer for specific dates.
As space is limited, registering for a workshop ahead of time is encouraged!
- Monday, February 27 – 4:00 – 4:50: Using Strengths to Determine Goals Part I
- Thursday, March 9 – 10:00 – 10:50: Becoming a Successful Student
- Monday, March 13 – 4:00 – 4:50: Using Strengths to Determine Goals Part II
- Thursday, March 30 – 10:00 – 10:50: What to do with a Major in Chemistry
- Monday, April 10 – 4:00 – 4:50: What to do with a Major in Math
- Thursday, April 20 – 10:00 – 10:50: What to do with a Major in Bio
- Thursday, May 4 – 10:00 – 10:50: Building a Resume
- Monday, May 8 – 4:00 – 4:50: Pre-Finals Test Taking Tips
- Thursday, May 18 – 10:00 – 10:50: How to Transfer ASAP
SFSU Fall 2017 Transfer Students: Attend a "Next Steps" Workshop!
If you applied to San Francisco State University, this workshop is for you! It's an opportunity for you to meet with SF State to learn what the next steps are. Please join us if you have any of the following questions:
- You have been admitted what's next?
- You have been conditionally admitted what does that mean?
- Do you really need to sign up for New Student Orientation?
- When do you submit your transcripts?
- What other documents are necessary for your enrollment at SFSU?
- Do I need to see a counselor or advisor at SFSU?
- You have not heard anything from SFSU, what's going on with your application?
- You were denied by SFSU and you are not sure why, can someone help you?
- You want to know more about financial aid at SFSU.
Please register for this workshop here. The workshop will be held on Monday, March 6th from 12:00-1:00 in the Transfer Center, room #1604.
Off-Campus Transfer Events
Loyola Marymount University- Acces LMU Visit Day
Students are invited to attend LMU for a campus tour, transfer information, and hearing directly from LMU students about their experience in a student panel. This event is on Friday, March 3, 2017 from 10:00 – 3:00. This event is free and includes lunch! For more information and to register for this event, click here.
Pre-Nursing Networking Series @ Contra Costa College
Pre-nursing students, visit Contra Costa College on Fridays from 12:30-3:00 to learn about this exciting major and career path! Eat, Meet and Greet Appetizer Hour sponsored by Samuel Merritt University.
March 3: Life of a student
March 24: The real deal about nursing program admission
Visits by CSUEB, Dominican University, Sacramento State, Samuel Merritt University, and SFSU
April 27: Faces of Nursing- RNs share their stories
All events at Contra Costa College- Fireside Hall