California State University Transfer Information
- CSU Mentor can connect you to all campuses
- Explore majors
Majors: important information
Fees: approximately $3,000 a year (not including campus-based fees)
- Application filing dates: You are encouraged to apply during the application filing period of Oct 1-Nov 30.
- Connect to CSUMentor for an application status update
- Link to CSU campus transfer and nursing information
Note: while some of these colleges list lower-division transfer student requirements, student will have to check with the campus to see if they are ACCEPTING lower division transfer students. This information is available on csumentor.edu application status.
California State University
- 60 transferable semester units
- 2.0 grade point average however some majors require higher GPA
- Complete English Composition, Critical Thinking, Speech and Math at the transferable level (Most students also complete a General Education breadth pattern
- Fall semester or quarter: October 1- November 30
- Spring semester or quarter: August 1-31
- Summer Quarter: February 1-28
- Winter Quarter: June 1-30
Additional CSU Eligibility Factors To Consider
- Students are advised to pick up Las Positas College’s CSU transferable course list and General Education Breath list and IGETC, the General Education Breadth for either UC or CSU to help with the selection of appropriate courses.
- Counselors assist in developing your Student Educational Plan (SEP) and will do an unofficial Certification of your General Educational pattern prior to transfer. Make an appointment!
- Take classes toward your major when possible
- Impacted majors are posted online; these majors usually require a higher G.P.A and completion of major preparation
- Connecting to ASSIST will help students.
- International students need to contact CSU International Students Department.