Tutoring Center COVID Safety Protocols
At the Tutoring Center (room 2401), your health and safety are our first priority. Protocols have been established for your well-being. We ask all employees and visitors to follow the general COVID-19 safety practices. These include, but are not limited to:
- Maximum occupancy: 31
- Medical Screening: Do not use this area and remain at home if you are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19, test positive or have been exposed to a known or suspected case.
- Physical Distancing: Maintain a distance of six feet, but not less than four feet in classrooms, between yourself and others at all times. The greater the distance the better. Do not rearrange tables/chairs, they have been placed to allow at least four feet between students.
- Personal Hygiene: Wash hands/use hand sanitizer before and after using the area. Avoid placing personal items on surfaces unless necessary. Cover coughs/sneezes.
- Protective Equipment: Wear a face covering/mask which covers the nose and mouth whenever others are present or anticipated to be present in the area.
- Environmental Cleaning: Clean and disinfect surfaces you will be frequently touching before and after using the area.
- Note: These practices are current as of 5/3/2021. Since the COVID-19 pandemic is evolving rapidly, extra diligence should be used in watching for updates to these practices and district policies.
- Note: All tutors and staff at the Tutoring Center for Fall 2021 have reported they are fully vaccinated for COVID 19.
To better support you with your academics we provide:
- 4 individual study rooms available on a first-come first-served basis.
- Socially distanced seating in our main study area.
- 4 conference rooms reserved for free in-person scheduled and drop-in tutoring.
- Download our free tutor scheduling app by pointing your phone camera at the QR code below. Tutor schedules and availability are updated in the app.
Steps to enroll for tutoring:
- Sign up for tutoring with our free Penji app. You will need your zonemail address to login.
- Use our drop-in, scheduled, or paper drop-off tutoring. Or just stop by room 2401 during our in-person drop-in times!
- Register for the Supervised Tutoring Course (NTUT 200, CRN 22801) on CLASSWeb; it is free, ungraded, non-credit, and not on your official transcript. You can
register before or after the add deadline.
For more information, please contact:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tutoring Center: Room 2401
- Tuesdays 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Wednesday 10:30 am - 6:00 pm
- Thursday 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Call (925) 424-1450 during hours listed above