How do I get tutoring?
Free tutoring is available for currently registered LPC students. There are three types of tutoring offered:
- Drop-in tutoring: Students may get unlimited free tutoring during any drop-in hours from peer tutors or instructors at the Tutoring Center in room 2401. Hours are subject to change and are updated regularly at tinyurl.com/lpcdropin. Students must sign in at the front kiosk to receive this free service.
- Scheduled tutoring: Students can also schedule free weekly tutoring with a peer tutor to receive more individualized and regular help. During the first four to five weeks of the semester, tutor schedules will be uploaded and can be viewed on Tutortrac. Students can pick the times that work best and schedule their own appointments. Students must sign in at the front kiosk to receive this free service. Scheduling instructions can be viewed on the following links:
- Online tutoring: LPC students can also receive free online tutoring via NetTutor. Net tutor can be accessed by clicking on the NetTutor link in Canvas.
For more information please contact:
Tutorial Center: Room 2401
To receive free tutoring, you must be a current LPC student and registered in the LPC class for which you need assistance.
Drop-in tutoring: tinyurl.com/lpcdropin
- Scheduled tutoring: http://laspositas.go-redrock.com
- Online tutoring: http://www.laspositascollege.edu/onlinelearning/nettutor_faqs.php
- Quiet rooms for studying