Tutor Job Description
- Is tutoring for you?
- Do you enjoy helping others?
- Are there certain classes that you really enjoyed?
- Can you commit at least 6 hours per week to tutor for a semester?
- Would you like work experience that looks good on a resume or college application?
Provide individual and small group tutoring to students in the Tutoring Center located in 2401. Assist students in improving academic achievement by meeting with them on a regular basis to clarify learning problems and work on study skills. Other assistance might include: reviewing class material, discussing the text, predicting test questions, formulating ideas for papers, or working on solutions to problems. Tutoring is a supplement to classroom teaching. Tutors are not expected to know everything about the subject for which they tutor.
- Complete required Tutoring Theory and Practice I the first semester of tutoring; Tutoring Theory and Practice II class the second semester.
- Be punctual for all scheduled tutoring sessions. It is your responsibility to notify us as soon as possible if you cannot meet with your students. Please call 925.424.1450 or 925.424.1454.
- Complete and hand in all required paperwork.
- An A or B grade in the course(s) to be tutored and instructor recommendation.
- Responsible, dependable, honest, and mature.
- Friendly, patient, and sensitive to a diversity of students.
- Tutors can work for either volunteer or pay.
- Paid tutors earn $13.50 an hour for both individual and group tutoring.
- Tutoring will be assigned according to student demand, tutor availability, and seniority.
- Employment as a tutor does not guarantee a minimum number of work hours.
Application and Tutor Hiring Process
Downloand and complete the Tutor Application.
If you have questions about the position, contact Faculty Coordinator, Jin Tsubota (email@example.com) or call 925.424.1454. The Tutorial Center is in MDB Room 2401.
For more information please contact:
Tutorial Center: Room 2401
To receive free tutoring, you must be a current LPC student and registered in the LPC class for which you need assistance.
Drop-in tutoring: tinyurl.com/lpcdropin
- Scheduled tutoring: http://laspositas.go-redrock.com
- Online tutoring: http://www.laspositascollege.edu/onlinelearning/nettutor_faqs.php
- Quiet rooms for studying