- Counseling Home
- Meet Our Counseling Staff & Faculty
- Preparing to see a Counselor
- Counseling Services
- Counseling Forms
- Counseling Courses & Workshops
- Degree & Certificate
- Student Support Programs
- Student Success Communities
- Stress, Anxiety & Depression Support
- Useful Tips for College Students
- Counseling FAQs
Welcome to the Las Positas College Counseling Department!
Counselors are available to assist students in identifying, clarifying, and reaching their educational and career goals. Counselors provide confidential Academic, Transfer, Career, and Personal counseling services.
How can you see a counselor?
Virtual Drop-in Counseling is available during our regular hours.
In-Person Counseling is available for all vaccinated students. Come see us in Building 1600 to drop-in or schedule an appointment.
Note: Meeting with the counselor is is strongly recommended but not required to register for classes.
Virtual Counseling - Setup
In order to successfully meet online with a counselor, you must have the following technical requirements.
- Desktop or laptop.
- Please use the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Apple Safari, or MS Edge as your internet browser.
- A webcam and working microphone.
Click the "See a Counselor" button to meet with a counselor, schedule an appointment, or speak with a member of our team.
- Please have your W# (student id #) and phone # ready.
- Students are seen on a first-come, first-served basis.
- If the lobby is locked, then we are closed or at full service capacity. Please try again during next available service hours.
Check out our "How to" videos while you wait...
If you send an email via the "Email a counselor" link, please expect a response within 7-10 business days. Please log back into eSARS to view your response.
1st Floor | Room 1616
General Counseling Office Hours
Monday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tuesday 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Wednesday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Drop-in may close early due to high demand
Call Us: 925.424.1400