Disability Resource Center
- Disability Resource Center Home
- DSPS Eligibility Criteria
- Student Resources
- Faculty Resources
- How to Apply
- DSPS Services
- Alt Media
- Test Proctoring
- DSPS Staff
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Accessibility Complaint Form
- Privacy (FERPA)
- Helpful Websites and Resources
Test Proctoring Services
Testing accommodations provide students with disabilities equal access to test materials and opportunity to demonstrate course competency as their non-disabled peers. Policies and procedures are in place in order to ensure both the timeliness of the accommodation and the integrity of the testing process.
Sample Testing Accommodations
- Extended test time
- Reduced distraction environment
- Scribe/reader services (Kurzweil, Dragon Naturally Speaking)
- Students are responsible to schedule each and every exam for which they are requesting testing accommodations. Neither the DRC nor instructors will assume or anticipate the use of accommodations for any quiz or exam given.
- Students must notify the DRC Test Facilitator of their intent to schedule an exam either in person, by phone, or email and the accommodations they will be using.
- Requests for accommodations must be made in a timely manner in order to allow for faculty notification, test delivery, materials to be created in an alternative format (if needed), and to ensure availability of assistive technology. The DRC requires a student contact the Testing Coordinator at least 3 weeks prior to the day of the class is scheduled for the exam.
- Testing appointments can be made in person at the DSPS office, by calling (925) 424-1523, or emailing email@example.com. Students are responsible for picking up and delivering all testing forms to instructors unless special circumstances apply.
- Students will review and sign the Alternative Testing Policy and Procedures prior to using the test center for the first time.
- Students are responsible to notify the Test Facilitator if a test is cancelled or rescheduled.
- Students should arrive 5-10 minutes early in order to begin testing on time.
- Students who miss testing appointments or students who are consistently late for testing appointments may have their testing accommodations suspended. Students who miss test appointments will need to meet with a DSPS counselor prior to rescheduling a test session.
- Breaks during testing are not permitted unless they are an approved accommodation or are permissible for all students as indicated by the Accommodation Plan and/or the instructor.
- All tests are monitored by the Test Facilitator using live, closed-circuit television.
Students taking their tests at the DRC are held to the college’s student code of conduct. Students caught cheating will have their test session terminated immediately, and instructors will be notified to determine what action they will take. Such action may include a referral to the Dean of Student Services for disciplinary action. Disability is never an excuse for violation of the student code of conduct.
Test Proctoring Forms
Note: All Test Proctoring forms must be returned to the Disability Resource Center (DRC) in 1615 in person for review, approval, and scheduling.
DISABILITY RESOURCE CENTER
1st Floor | Room 1615
HOURS OF OPERATION
Online Supports and Services are available
Monday 9:00 am-5:00 pm
Tuesday 9:00 am-5:00 pm
Wednesday 9:00 am-5:00 pm
Thursday 9:00 am-5:00 pm
Friday 9:00 am-1:00 pm
DSPS office is open by appointment only
Monday 9:00 am-1:00 pm
Tuesday 9:00 am-1:00 pm
Wednesday 9:00 am-1:00 pm
Thursday 9:00 am-1:00 pm
Friday 9:00 am-1:00 pm
Online Counseling Hours
Tuesday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Wednesday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Thursday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Friday 9:00 am – 1:00 pm