- Las Positas College
- Online Learning
- Faculty Resources
- Canvas for Faculty
- HyFlex Course Template Instructions
Canvas for Faculty
HyFlex Course Template Instructions
Please follow these instructions for importing the Hyflex course template into your blank Canvas shell. This blank shell could be your Sandbox course or it could be your upcoming semester’s course if the upcoming semester’s course has been made available to you. You can always import it into your Sandbox, continue to add content, then copy it into your upcoming semester’s course.
Step 1: Access the template in Canvas Commons
- Log into Canvas.
- Click Commons in the global navigation menu on the left.
- In the search box, type LPC HyFlex Course Template. Hit Enter on your keyboard.
- Click the LPC HyFlex Course Template link. You can preview the template at this point if you wish.
Step 2: Input the template into your Canvas shell
- Click Import/Download.
- Either search for your blank course, or select it from the list.
- At the bottom, click Import into Course. (Clicking Download and saving it for later import is not recommended because the HyFlex template is often updated, and you want to ensure you have the latest version.)
Step 3: Download, modify, upload the course banner
You will need to delete the example banner on the home page, and add yours. Linked below is a PowerPoint template you can modify, then save as a PNG file. After you save it to your computer, upload it into Canvas.
The CVC-OEI is recommending faculty create banners using Canva.com if you want to create your own banner from scratch. On the Canva.com site, search for banners, then choose the Leaderboard template, which creates banners that are 728 x 90 pixels. You will be able to modify the banner, and download it to your computer before uploading into Canvas.
Step 4: Download, modify, upload the HyFlex model syllabus
Click the link below to access, and download, the HyFlex model syllabus that you can customize and use. If you are adding images to it, you will need to add alt text to those images. The document is created with styles, which makes it accessible to student with disabilities. When finished with the document, check it for accessibility by going to Files – Check for Issues – Check for Accessibility before uploading into Canvas.
Step 5 Download, modify, upload the HyFlex model welcome letter
Click the link below to access, and download, the HyFlex model welcome letter that you can customize and send to your students prior to the beginning of the semester. Just modify the highlighted parts. When finished with the document, check it for accessibility by going to Files – Check for Issues – Check for Accessibility before sending it to students and uploading it into your course.
- Make sure you go through all of the content in the HyFlex course template, and modify it for your course by changing anything generic and replacing example videos with videos of you.
- All content in the HyFlex course template is subject to change. As technology changes and standards are updated, the template will be updated. Changes can be construed as improvements to the model.
Student Support from Canvas
24x7 Live Chat, Email, Knowledge Base
(also available from Help icon in Canvas)