Canvas Studio is an integrated video application to use within your Canvas courses. Instructors can use it for embedding videos into Pages, Assignments, Discussions and Quizzes. Videos and screen recordings can be created within courses, or you can upload your previously created videos and even add a video from YouTube. Captioning is done within Studio.
View tutorials on some of its main features:
- Create a video with a webcam using Canvas Studio.
- Create a screen capture recording in Canvas Studio.
- Upload media into Canvas Studio.
- How to use Canvas Studio within the Rich Content Editor.
- Make your Canvas Studio video interactive and collaborative.
- How to generate captions for Canvas Studio videos.
- Create a Canvas Studio video quiz.
- How to view user analytics in Canvas Studio.
To learn all of the functions and features of Studio, view the Canvas Studio Guides.
The advantage of Studio lies in its ability to make teaching with video interactive and collaborative. Studio gives you control to pause a video at any point to add a comment(s) or question(s), and students can engage with those comments and questions. Instructors can create quizzes within Studio.
Studio also offers analytics that allow instructors to see who has or hasn't watched your videos and which parts were viewed the most.
Studio automatically captions uploaded videos with an accuracy rate of 85%, according Canvas. You will have to edit the captions to make sure they are 100% accurate. Learn how to edit captions.
Captioning YouTube videos and instructor-created videos hosted by 3C Media in Studio takes a few additional steps. View Captioning YouTube, 3C Media Videos in Studio.