Canvas for Faculty
Restoring Deleted Items
If you accidentally delete an item from your Canvas course, you can restore it by using the “undelete” command.
- From within your Canvas course, navigate to the address bar in your browser
- The URL will look similar to this:
- The number that comes after courses/ is the course ID
- After the course ID, type a backslash / and type the word undelete
- The new URL will look similar to this:
- Hit Enter
- A list of 25 recently deleted items will appear.
- Click restore for the item you wish to undelete.
Make sure you confirm the results of any restores you perform.
Student Support from Canvas
24x7 Live Chat, Email, Knowledge Base
(also available from Help icon in Canvas)