If you decide you want to use someone else's materials (pictures, graphics, articles, etc.) in your Canvas course, please make sure you are not violating Copyright Law.
Here are some basic guidelines to follow:
- Seek permission to use copyrighted materials, and document your efforts
- Credit your source, display a Copyright notice, and display any ownership information
- Follow the Fair Use rules
- Link to copyrighted materials instead of uploading them into your course
- Find out how much of the material you can use Use materials that are in the public domain
- Use materials from sites that offer free content