Students enrolled in online and hybrid courses are welcome to attend on-campus or live, virtual orientations held the week before the semester begins and during the first week of classes. These orientations are designed to familiarize you not only with Online Learning in general, but also with utilizing Blackboard. They are not course-specific.
For Spring 2015, a live, virtual orientation will take place Jan. 20 from 5:30-7 p.m. Learn how to access the online, virtual orientation.
If students are seeking to add into courses that are full, they will not be able to do this at these orientations; they will need to contact the instructors directly.
Typical topics covered at these orientations will be:
- Dispelling myths about online courses
- Understanding the course requirements
- Online course overview
- Qualities of a successful online learner
- Tips to succeed online, including time management
- Student readiness for taking these courses, including those who tend to struggle
- Researching online
- Using Zonemail
- Basic Blackboard course navigation
- Using Blackboard course tools, including submitting assignments
- Use of mobile devices with Blackboard
- Blackboard tips, including those for taking quizzes
- Technical tips and requirements
- Technical support
- Academic support, including Counseling
- Login procedures
- Importance of reading the class syllabus carefully
- Students with disabilities
- Dial your telephone conference line: (888) 886‑3951; cell phone users dial (913) 312-3202
- Enter your passcode: 595248
- Go to www.cccconfer.org.
- Click the Participant Log In button under the Meet & Confer logo
- Locate your meeting in the list (titled LPC Online Learning Orientation), and click Go.
- Fill out the form and enter the passcode: 595248
- If you are asked to Open, Download, Save, Run or Keep any files, be sure to do so. The webconferencing system CCC Confer (powered by Blackboard Collaborate) will not work without these files. After doing so, it might take a couple of minutes for Confer to launch, so be patient. If you run into any other issues, view additional information.
At least one day prior to the virtual orientation, make sure your computer is ready for a CCC Confer meeting. Test your computer's readiness. On the day of the orientation, log in at least 15 minutes early to make sure the technology is working.
*0 ‑ Contact the operator for assistance with the audio.
*6 ‑ Mute/unmute your individual line with a private announcement.
If you have questions, CCC Confer Client Services is available Monday through Friday between 8 a.m.-4 p.m. at 760‑744‑1150 ext 1537 or 1554 or email email@example.com.