- Online Learning Home
- Online Services
- Course Email
- Mobile Learning
- Online GE & Degrees
- Privacy Statement
- Faculty Resources
Students enrolled in online and hybrid courses are welcome to attend a virtual orientation or an on-campus orientation to Online Learning. These orientations are NOT course-specific.
Orientations have been completed for Fall 2019. Check back here in December for information about Spring 2020 orientations.
If students are seeking to add into courses that are full, they will not be able to do this at these orientations; they will need to contact the instructors directly.
Among the topics typically covered at these orientations are:
- Dispelling myths about online courses
- Qualities of a successful online learner
- Tips to succeed online, including time management
- Student readiness for taking these courses, including those who tend to struggle
- Researching online
- Using Zonemail
- Basic course navigation
- Using course tools, including submitting assignments
- Use of mobile devices
- Tips, including those for taking quizzes and exams
- Technical tips and requirements
- Technical support
- Academic support, including tutoring
- Login procedures
- Students with disabilities
- The link to the Zoom meeting room will be posted here the morning of the virtual orientation. Use the Chrome web browser.
- If you have not used Zoom before, you will be asked to save the launcher file. Click
- Click the download button at the top of your browser, then click Zoom_launcher.exe.
- When asked if you want to run the file, click Run. Zoom will open.