- Online Learning Home
- Online Services
- Course Email
- Mobile Learning
- Privacy Statement
- Faculty Resources
Students enrolled in online and hybrid courses are welcome to attend a virtual orientation orientation to Online Learning.
Orientations have concluded for Fall 2021. Check back here in December for information on Spring 2022 orientations. View Zoom access instructions for virtual orientations.
Please note the following:
- These orientations are NOT course-specific.
- Each orientation covers the same material, so students don't have to attend each session.
- If students are seeking to add into courses that are full, they will not be able to do this at these orientations; they will need to contact the instructors directly.
Among the topics typically covered at these orientations are:
- Dispelling myths about online courses
- Qualities of a successful online learner
- Tips to succeed online, including time management
- Researching online
- Using Zonemail
- Basic course navigation
- Using Canvas tools, including the Calendar and Notifications
- Using course tools, including submitting assignments and taking quizzes
- Tips, including those for taking quizzes and exams
- Use of mobile devices
- Technical tips and requirements
- Technical support
- Academic support, including tutoring
- Login procedures
- Students with disabilities
- On the morning of the orientation, the link to the Zoom meeting will be posted here.
- If you have not used Zoom before, you will be asked to save the launcher file. Click
- Click the download button at the top of your browser, then click Zoom_launcher.exe.
- When asked if you want to run the file, click Run. Zoom will open.
Student Support from Canvas
24x7 Live Chat, Email, Knowledge Base
(also available from Help icon in Canvas)