Choosing a password
When you enter a new password, make sure you enter one that is not likely to be guessed by anyone. Here are some other tips for choosing a password:
- Use at least 8 characters.
- Use a combination of upper- and lower-cased letters, numbers, and special characters (!@#$%&*).
- Make the password unique to Blackboard; don't use it for any other purposes.
- Don't use a word that can be found in the dictionary.
- If you have to write your password down, put it somewhere that only you have access to.
- When you log into Blackboard, make sure that nobody is watching you.
- Don't share your password with anybody.
- If you think someone might know your password, change it.
One effective method for choosing a password is to think of a sentence, and use the first letter of each word in addition to numbers and special characters.
For example, My number one baseball team is the Oakland A's!
Passwords in Blackboard are case-sensitive.