Campus Safety is #1 at Las Positas College
The Las Positas College campus community is proud to have one of the safest college campuses in California. The Campus Safety and Security Office is committed to on-going efforts to promote emergency preparedness and a safe environment for learning and working.
- Las Positas College maintains a security department with personnel available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and offers a variety of Crime Reporting Procedures.
- Emergency Call Boxes are located in several parking lots on the campus and along perimeter road.
- A new fire alarm system provides several safety enhancements for the College, including the ability to broadcast critical information over speakers in classrooms in the event of an emergency.
- Escort service is available to the campus community to and from the parking lots.
- The College has trained Building Monitors, staff in the campus community who have volunteered to be responsible for buildings in case of emergency.
- The College hosts Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Programs that prepare people for emergency response situations at home and in the community.
- The College has added AlertU to its safety efforts. Please see the following information about AlertU.
AlertU Emergency Text Notification
Las Positas College has joined many other California colleges and universities now offering AlertU, an emergency text messaging service, or SMS (short message service), for mobile phones. In the event of an emergency, subscribers will receive important security information in real time. AlertU offers two-way messaging, allowing subscribers to receive and relay information from inside and outside a crisis zone.
Sign Up Instructions
- With your cell phone, text LPC to 253788 (AlertU) and reply Y. That’s it!
- You also can sign up online at Alertu.org/lpc
- Members of the campus community are invited to help spread the word about this important emergency preparedness service. Click here for an AlertU PowerPoint Slideshow (108K PowerPoint) to use during classes and meetings.
- You can program “253788” into your phone contact list (address book) as “AlertU” so you will recognize any messages as critical alerts from Las Positas College.
About AlertU at Las Positas College
- The AlertU system will be used only in the event of an emergency or crisis.
- Only designated Las Positas College administrators have access to the alerting system.
- You must be subscribed to receive the mobile alerts.
- This service is completely voluntary. Las Positas College students, staff, and faculty are encouraged, but not required, to subscribe.
- We value your privacy as members of the Las Positas College community and promise that your personal information will not be shared.
- This service is free, although standard text message rates do apply.
- AlertU is compatible with all major cell phone carriers.
- Friends, family, and campus visitors can sign up, too.
- Subscribers can opt-out at any time to discontinue the emergency messaging service.
- Learn more at AlertU.org.
Find out more information about emergency messages and how to unsubscribe at Alert-U Frequently Asked Questions.