Work Experience Courses
Work Experience courses enable students to earn and learn. They support the educational benefits of work and give students the opportunity to earn college credit while working in supervised employment.
- Work in a part-time or full-time, paid or unpaid position.
- In collaboration with your work supervisor and instructor, create learning objectives you will accomplish during the semester.
- Learn 21st century work skills.
- Work 75 paid hours or 60 unpaid hours per unit in these variable-unit courses.
- Attend one one-hour synchronous online orientation and do the rest of the work at your workplace and in the asynchronous online course, which requires much less time than most other college courses.
- Earn a maximum of 16 units of Work Experience. Units are transferable to the CSU system and other universities. Units are not transferable to the UC system. Check with Counseling and your prospective transfer institution for current status and number of accepted transferable units.
WRKX 94. Occupational Work Experience/Internship, for students who work in positions related to their major field of study. Earn 1 to 8 units per semester.
WRKX 95. General Work Experience, for students with any type of employment or volunteer work. Earn 1 to 6 units per semester.