Skip to main content
Behavioral Intervention Resource Team

Reporting a Student of Concern

The behavioral concerns and resources listed below will help you determine the appropriate referral option. If you are unsure about where to refer a student, please feel free to contact anyone of the BIRT members to consult about a student behavior.

In emergency situations immediately contact
Campus Safety (925) 424-1699
or 911 off-site

Campus Safety

Report these behavioral concerns immediately to Campus Safety (925) 424-1690 non emegency (925) 424-1699 emergency.

Behavioral Concerns to be Addressed Immediately

  • Is the student's behavior an immediate threat to self or others?
  • Does the student's behavior disrupt authorized activities or damage property?
  • Has the student allegedly broken a law or does the student appear to be under the influence?

Non Urgent Behavioral Concern

  • Has the student allegedly violated an institutional rule?
  • Is the student's behavior disruptive, is he or she not complying with directions of college personel, or is s/he taking up an inordinate amount of instructors time?
  • Do you have concerns about the student for other reasons or is the situation still unresolved?

Student Health & Wellness Center

Refer these students for appointments with an MFT/MFT Intern @ the student health & wellness center or counseling department. The health center WILL NOT contact the student to make an appointment, the referral form is strictly informational for the MFT/MFT Intern. The student needs to contact the health & wellness center to make an appointment.

Behavioral Concern

  • Is the student exhibiting unhealthy psychological behavior, showing apparent impaired behavior, or not acting like him/herself?
  • Is there a drop in the student's attendence/performance, or does the student report getting in trouble with the law, display lack of motivation, or seem lethargic?
  • Student reports struggling with alcohol or other drug use (e.g. a desire to stop, cut down, or risky behavior)

For more information please contact:

Building 1700
Room 1701