What is Classified Senate?
The Classified Senate meets on the first Thursday of each month from 1:00 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. vis zoom unitl further notice.
The Classified Senate represents the classified staff on all non-collective bargaining matters.
Classified staff that serves in instructional areas will be included in discussions and will have input regarding academic programs, delivery of services, and other academic issues that affect their professional duties. In addition, the classified staff, jointly with other governance groups, will also be given the opportunity to participate actively in the formulation and development of policies and procedures in the following areas:
- classified roles and involvement in accreditation processes, including self-study and annual reports;
- student preparation and success;
- college/district governance structures;
- professional development activities;
- institutional planning process;
- budget development processes;
- program planning and staffing;
- regulations and procedures relating to health and safety.
The Governing Council of the Classified Senate shall consist of officers. The Past President and the highest-ranking union officer at Las Positas College shall serve as non-voting members.
Classified representatives are elected by majority vote from among all classified members. The term of office on the Governing Council is for one year (July 1 - June 30).
1:00 pm - 2:15 pm
Classified Senate Officers
Classified Senate President
VP of Communications
VP of Activities
Elizabeth (Liz) McWhorter
VPs of Fundraising
Carmen M. Ortiz