- Classified Senate Home
- Classified Senate Events and Fundraisers
- Constitution & By Laws
- Agendas & Minutes
- Local SEIU 1021
- Las Positas College Committes
- Classified Senate Committee Opportunities
- Las Positas Outstanding Classified Professional
- Classified Sentate Documents, Information, and Articles
- 21 Day Challenge - Spring 2022
- Las Positas College - Caring Campus
- Classified Leadership Institute for Professionals (CLIP)
- Classified Leadership In Mentorship Building (CLIMB)
- California Community Colleges Classified Senate (4CS)
- Classified Leadership Institute (CLI)
- LPC Foundation & Student Scholarship Payroll Deduction Form (2022)
- Classified Senate Payroll Deduction Form (2022)
- CLPCCD Board Policies & Administrative Procedures
SEIU 1021 Information
Why Membership Matters
Workers stand together in SEIU 1021 to fight for better wages, job security, healthcare, retirement security, paid sick days, vacation and other benefits. United in our union, we’ve not only won strong contracts and enforced them but also amplified the voices of working people in our economy and society. So-called “right to work,” funded by the corporate elites and the wealthy 1%, seeks to take away our ability to join together to negotiate a fair return on our work.
While these are real challenges for us, they’re not insurmountable if we hold firmly to the values that unite us: fairness, freedom, and equal opportunity for everyone to succeed, not just the wealthy 1%. This moment in our history is calling on all of us, as union members and as members of a social and economic justice movement, to stick together and use our power in numbers.
In addition to standing together with your coworkers and having a stronger voice for better wages and working conditions, being an SEIU 1021 member has its benefits.
- The greater the union membership at a workplace, the more power workers have at the bargaining table. Power in numbers directly translates to increasing our chances of winning a good contract.
- Only members have a vote — in choosing contract priorities, union and chapter office, and whether we go on strike, and whether to ratify a contract.
- Another benefit of being a union member includes being able to participate in trainings and courses available exclusively for SEIU 1021 members. These include Continuing Education Opportunities (CEUs), briefings on political issues impacting working families’ lives, our membership convention, and courses for developing stewards and member leaders.
- Members are eligible for many benefits, including scholarship awards, services, discounts, and coupons.
Chabot-Las Positas Community College District
SEIU 1021 staff and member leaders are working hard to safeguard your health at work during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here’s our current leadership team:
- SEIU Chapter President - Rachel Ugale
- Vice President of Chabot College – Karen “K” Metcalf
- Vice President of Las Positas College - Miguel Alvarez
- Vice President of District Office - Joanne Bishop-Wilbur
- Vice President At-Large – Katrin Field
- Chapter Secretary – Virginia Criswell
- Chapter Treasurer – currently vacant
- Chabot College Site Recording Secretary - Philomena Franco
- Las Positas College Site Recording Secretary – Catherine Alfaro Gomez
- District Office Site Recording Secretary - currently vacant
- Chief Steward – Miguel Alvarez
- COPE Coordinator – Karen “K” Metcalf
- Communications Officer – Katrin Field
Monthly Senate Meetings
1:00 pm - 2:15 pm
Rm 1008 & Zoom
Caring Campus Meetings
1:00 - 2:15 p.m.
Governing Council Meetings
1:00 - 2:15 p.m.
Classified Senate President
VP of Activities & Communications
VP of Fundraising