2020-21 Completed Tasks
The College Council facilitates communication and coordination to provide direction through appropriate involvement among all constituent groups of the college community. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Formulating, reviewing, and revising College institutional principles, including the Mission Statement, Vision, Values, and Educational Master Plan Goals with accompanying strategies;
- Reviewed and updated LPC’s mission, vision, and values statements as well as glossary of terms.
- Determined and communicated to the District LPC’s involvement in the Educational Master Plan.
Reviewing and evaluating the participatory Governance system, including committee structure, making recommendations for revisions on a regular basis and when necessary;
- Reviewed and approved each LPC Shared Governance Committee update to charge, reporting relationships, and memberships.
- Communicated process for establishing new LPC committees.
- Reviewed and approved the creation of the Career Technical Education (CTE)
Providing review, direction, and accountability for the Accreditation Steering Committee;
- Discussed processes, shared timelines, and identified resources to assist the Accreditation Steering Committee.
- Evaluate Quality Focus Essay Topics.
Supporting institutional and strategic planning efforts for the College;
- Reviewed and provided input into College Planning Priorities.
- Reviewed and communicated College Emergency Task Force work.
- College Reopening Consideration and Plans
- Enrollment and Marketing Efforts
- Classified Senate: Caring Campus
Reviewing Budget Development Committee’s recommendations and
- 2020-2021 Budget
- CARES Act Allocations
Assessing the degree of integration of planning, budget, and allocation;
- Reviewed and approved updated Facilities Rental Fees
Operating as a channel for College issues going forward to the District including review and recommendations for policy and procedural changes as appropriate;
- Review and provide input into Board Policies.
- Review and provide input into District Administrative Policies.
- College Reopening Considerations and Plans
Functioning in a leadership role for various College-wide projects as appropriate;
- SCFF Metrics and Funding Allocation
- Guided Pathways
- Program Proposal Process
- Credit for Prior Learning Draft Proposal
- Dual Enrollment/KIN Classes
- Review and support for:
- Elementary Teacher Education AA-T
- Red Hat Administration Program
- Management Information Systems Program
- Certificate of Achievement in Artificial Intelligence
- Automotive Non-Credit Program
Reviewing, documenting, and reporting on accreditation standards linked to
- Researched and documented evidence to the Accreditation Steering Committee for accreditation standards specific to College Council, including I.A.1, I.A.3, I.A.4, I.B.7, I.B.9, I.C.5, III.D.2, IV.A.2, IV.A.3, IV.A.6, and IV.A.1.