2019-20 Completed Tasks
The College Council facilitates communication and coordination to provide direction through appropriate involvement among all constituent groups of the college community.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Formulating, reviewing, and revising College institutional principles, including the
Mission Statement, Vision, Values, and Educational Master Plan Goals with accompanying
- Reviewed and updated LPC’s mission, vision, and values statements.
- Determined and communicated to the District LPC’s involvement in the 2020 Educational Master Plan.
- Created an Educational Master Plan Strategic Planning Task Force.
- Reviewing and evaluating the participatory Governance system, including committee
structure, making recommendations for revisions on a regular basis and when necessary;
- Reviewed and approved each LPC Shared Governance Committee updates to charge, reporting relationships, and memberships.
- Reviewed and approved the creation of the LPC Guided Pathways Steering Committee.
- Communicated process for establishing new LPC committees.
- Providing review, direction, and accountability for the Accreditation Steering Committee;
- Discussed processes, shared timelines, and identified resources to assist the Accreditation Steering Committee.
- Supporting institutional and strategic planning efforts for the College;
- Reviewed and provided input into College Planning Priorities.
- Reviewing recommendations and processes to ensure the integration of planning and
budget for allocation;
- Reviewed and approved increase to the parking fee and student health fee.
- Operating as a channel for College issues going forward to the District including
review and recommendations for policy and procedural changes as appropriate;
- Review and provide input into Board Policies.
- Review and provide input into District Administrative Policies.